Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ozarks foothills

Very nice pics! But where is Cyclone? It isn't in my atlas...

1flyer
    Cyclone, Missouri: N36 35.372 W94 16.122

Cyclone Location (non GPS)

Cyclone is about 9 miles east of Pineville, Mo (extreme SW corner of the state) on a paved county road which meanders up the Big Sugar Creek valley, a very pretty ride. Big Sugar is a popular canoe strem and there are several campgrounds along the valley. At Cyclone, you cross the low water bridge and the pavement ends and the GS fun begins. You can follow the Big Sugar valley for several miles of dirt roads all the way into Northern Arkansas.
    Many bald eagles roost here in this valley in the spring.

Thanks for all the positive responses to my post. Tom

Re: Cyclone Location (non GPS)

Originally posted by GS Tom
    Thanks for all the positive responses to my post. Tom
    Thanks for putting them up, Tom.

One of our hopes when we put the Ride Reports forum up was that folks would put up pictures of rallies they'd been to, trips they'd been on and little rides in their neck of the woods.

Those kind of things can be the spark that gets you to break out of your usual summer rally routine and explore someplace new.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

Great pictures, Tom. It makes me want to leave this winter wonder land and head your way. We have 4 inches of snow on the ground right now, and 8 degrees as I write this.

ian408
    Tom,

Nice way to play hookey and thanks for sharing the pictures!

Ian

Julie
    Dear GS Tom, Have you made it east on 90 from Jane? A thrilling road, nothing but blind, off camber curves with no road paint or signs. Also, love catching the ferry across Bullshoals and going 70mph or so on 125, works best if you blow past the 4 wheelers. Do you know if Pierce City ever recovered/rebuilt from last years twister? And whats the update on Tom Aley's endangered cave snails outside of Protem? Do you know if Mystic Caverns has reopened? You sure do live in the best part of Misery...Uh...I mean Missouri. Great roads ( if you bypass Branson)and just a skip away from Arkansas, where there are even more great roads. Miss the roads but not the neighborhood, Julie

Pierce City update

Julie, you know the area.
    Yes I ride Highway 90 as often as I can from Southwest City to Washburn. It can be a wild ride as one GS rider (who shall remain anonymous) from Colorado learned this summer. After keeping up with a local rider on a KLR 650 Kaw on 90, said GS rider got off and hurled after making himself carsick on the curves. Of course it could have been the adult beverages the night before .

Pierce City is making a comeback after the May 4 tornado.
    My oldest daughter and son-in-law, who live in Carl Junction lost their house, surviving by taking shelter in the closet which was the only thing left of their home.
    I am attaching a photo of downtown Pierce City I took after they had cleaned up the debris. Three stores were all that was left.
    I have a new appreciation for tornado warnings!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Julie
    Oh, that photo hurts! Peirce City was a an unassuming and friendly little town. I sure feel bad for all those people. I knew they were hit hard but I didn't know the whole town would be demolished. Glad to hear your family survived.