Thread: $$ Local Economy

Bristol, Vermont - Gateway to The Green Mountains

Thumbs up $$ Local Economy

Quote Originally Posted by robnye
    It is and always be a private party which happens to drop over 4 million dollars into the local economy.
    I figure (and have most of the receipts to prove it) that my wife and I spent about $2000 this past week on expenses and purchases directly related to the rally. Of that, about 50% went to vendors that (less their expenses) took the money home. So, I am the average age and income of a BMW owner and say I spent the average amount per person. There were 8000 attendees.
    8000 x $500 = $4,000,000
    Damn, your figures are right on! How did you know?

Iits probably higher personally I spent about $2.000 and so did the guy I shared a room with. I support Vt...

Quote Originally Posted by mike cousino
    I figure (and have most of the receipts to prove it) that my wife and I spent about $2000 this past week on expenses and purchases directly related to the rally. Of that, about 50% went to vendors that (less their expenses) took the money home. So, I am the average age and income of a BMW owner and say I spent the average amount per person. There were 8000 attendees.
    8000 x $500 = $4,000,000

'99 '03 '06 National Co-Rally Chair Friedle's Avatar

Local Economy

Quote Originally Posted by mike cousino
    8000 x $500 = $4,000,000
    Hello Mike,

We can count, add, subtract, multiply and divide too in addition to throwing a damn good rally!

Friedle
    Ride fast safely

Most of what I spent last year (Stayed home this year) got spread around. I didn't actually spend a dime outside the gates in Lima last year (except for one fuel stop), but did purchase all meals from onsite vendors and bought a small amount of stuff from other vendors (but nothing over about $35 or so except for pair of boots). Then there were the three nights I spent in a state park lodge in southeastern Ohio, plus some meals there. A hotel on the way up one night and another night on the way back. A turn signal lens in Louisville. Several hundred dollars of parts and accessories needed for the bike and rider to be totally ready for the trip, spent at various sources via internet or local purchase. And the big one, LOTS of fuel purchased all along the way.

But no matter where it gets spent, it goes into the American economy at large and I'm glad there are a bunch of us doing it.
    2012 R1200GS

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

Rally Rat
    [QUOTE=mike cousino] So, I am the average age and income of a BMW owner and say I spent the average amount per person.

I have to ask. What is the average age and income of a BMW owner?

Unregistered

Question

Elitist snobs according to some locals.

snobs?

On our way out sun morning down by St. Michaels College we were touched by the sight of an old man
    with a cane standing in the rain, waving goodbye to the bikes, beside a hand
    painted sign that read "so long motorcyclists, come back soon".
    We felt welcomed everywhere I went, and I was proud to see that Vermont
    did not see the need to assign police to a gathering of 9,000 people.
    WE did OK for ourselves, thanks again Michael and all other MOA staff.

Rally Rat
    Quote Originally Posted by Statdawg
    56 years old and making 86,000 a year ?

56? Where does that number come from?

I Used to Be Someone sheridesabeemer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PMARCEL
    On our way out sun morning down by St. Michaels College we were touched by the sight of an old man
    with a cane standing in the rain, waving goodbye to the bikes, beside a hand
    painted sign that read "so long motorcyclists, come back soon".
    We felt welcomed everywhere I went, and I was proud to see that Vermont
    did not see the need to assign police to a gathering of 9,000 people.
    WE did OK for ourselves, thanks again Michael and all other MOA staff.
    Wow, wouldn't that be a picture to have!
    Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT