Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1st time rally attendee

Hybrid View

1st time rally attendee

As first time rally goers, we have nothing to compare our experience with. We found everything to be very well organized, staffed, cleaned, etc...Everyone was soooo friendly and eager to share their knowledge, time and experiences. What more can you ask for. We also found the vendors and the MOA to have their products very resonabley priced. My thanks go out to all the organizers and volunteers for all their hard work to make our 1st rally such a positive experience.
    As for any nay sayers...as my dad would say "They would complain if you hung them with a new rope!"

First time for me, and my son, and we had a GREAT time, even with the rain. What set it apart was the PEOPLE. I met so many great people from all over the USA and Canada, and even some in my own area I will follow up with for riding days.

No matter where we went there were people interested in who we were, how far we travelled, and always had a smile. Great stories too.

The Vermont natives were outstanding also!
    Except the lady in the chinese restaurant that was severly understaffed and she was having a bad day. It's ok, the food was great.

Ok, so it rained a lot on Saturday, but that did not ruin my good time.

Unregistered

Smile

Year after year.

BELG
    My first rally, loved it. Didn't have any expectations, plans, or grandiose ideas. Went with the flow, and all the high points I wanted to hit happenned... I met people I planned to try and see, did the big things I wanted to do, met some new people I hope to meet again, drank, ate, and got gnarly on the GS.

100% winner....

Unregistered

Smile

Add volunteer to your list.

CruiSin-XB12R
    My first International rally and it was a blast. Saw more than a dozen people I knew and chatted with several dozen more. Well planned and executed rally.

One question - or feedback for future rallies - I heard that first timers were getting a welcome kit or something? The volunteer checking me in asked, but I never got anything special for this being my first rally.

All in all, it was definitely a great time!

Oh yeah,,, we were told to ask for the first timer package, gift, surprise, booby prize, or whatever. I don't think we ever did. We got so caught up in all the goings on that it slipped our minds and never mattered.
    Anyway a good time was had and all the hard work is very much appreicated.
    And yes the vermont people were fantastic. As were the New Hampshire folks and Maine folks that we met along the way while we were passing through on our ways to and from.

First timers got red mugs at the Ambassador tent, with a free beverage among other little goodies..

dugmar
    First timer here too. I have to say I was impressed by the amount of riders there, the organization of the rally and all of the things to see and do. Very well done MOA!!!

My only gripe would be the traffic in the area. Route 2, 15 and a few others, just packed with cars. I made sure to get on the bike before 7AM to ride Route 108 - Smuggler's Notch Rd. It was worth it.

dugmar
    PS: I never knew of or was told about a first timer package / goodie bag. That would have been cool. Oh well...

And I'll add my comment to the thread by saying that as a first-timer, I was verily blown away by the people, first and foremost. It was a great experience, hopefully to be compounded by more of the same in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by dugmar
    PS: I never knew of or was told about a first timer package / goodie bag. That would have been cool. Oh well...
    When you registered you were given 4 green coupons with the welcome book.
    One was a door prize number, others for the grand prizes entries, and another for a free gift at the Ambassador's tent.

I understand what you mean, I had to remember to go there, there was just so much to do with so little time...

Bob C
    Quote Originally Posted by sjbmw
    First timers got red mugs at the Ambassador tent, with a free beverage among other little goodies..
    I forgot to ask for my Rally Virgin Cherry Popper kit, but since I registered as my brother, I'll do in in Wisconsin!!

bensonhurst
    Quote Originally Posted by spottybond
    We also found the vendors and the MOA to have their products very resonabley priced. My thanks go out to all the organizers and volunteers for all their hard work to make our 1st rally such a positive experience.
    As for any nay sayers...as my dad would say "They would complain if you hung them with a new rope!"
    I would complain being hanged with ANY rope.
    There were NO bargains there. I took $3000.00, in cash, thinking there would be things too good to pass up, but everything there could be had for less elsewhere, I didn't spend a nickel.
    I guess the vendors thought BMW = lots of money, I was very disappointed.
    I've been to LOTS of rallies, shows and swap meets, in the USA and Europe, and this was the most disappointing.

First Timer Too....

I was a first time International Rally attendee too. I had a great time, I came early and camped at Lake Carmi.........Carmi was great! I enjoyed riding the roads of Vermont, the vendors were good, the entertainment was great too.
    My registration volunteer asked me if this was my first rally and gave me the new guy ticket and instructions to the Ambassador's Tent.

I had a great time, now I know why everyone gets so excited about the
    "National". Thanks organizers and volunteers for your tireless efforts so that
    I could have a great time!