Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: It's gonna be hot...

BUBBAZANETTI
    Quote Originally Posted by BradfordBenn
    I drank eight liters of water on the way.....

that's an impressive ammount of water

see you tonight man!

Quote Originally Posted by screwtop
    Go figure right? This may shape up like the '99 Rally in Rhinebeck w/ temps in upper 80's and 90's. Bought a Fieldsheer mesh jacket today and I'll be leaving the Vanson home for this trip.
    Yupp I agree. Just spend Sat and Sunday @ Sugurbush which is not far from Essex and it was easily 90 Plus.... not that i'm complaining living in the North...

Forecast is looking good. Good temps and only one night and morning with a chance of rain. Wish I was there.

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/ifps/MapClic...te=VT&site=BTV
    Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

dugmar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Forecast is looking good. Good temps and only one night and morning with a chance of rain. Wish I was there.

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/ifps/MapClic...te=VT&site=BTV
    That forecast for Friday and Saturday really make me happy. Looks perfect!

I Used to Be Someone sheridesabeemer's Avatar
    The triple H weather has left town. Now all we have is sun and blue skys. Just what we ordered.
    Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT

screwtop
    Quote Originally Posted by SheRidesABeemer
    The triple H weather has left town. Now all we have is sun and blue skys. Just what we ordered.
    Wonderful news! It's getting better on the home front too (100 yesterday, but only 88 today). I leave tomorrow a bit past noon. Should be a good ride.

sbryan@vtbryans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaZanetti
    looks to be much milder than lima last year

vanson jacket, vanson peforated pants

i didn't get my new tires delivered in time. i won't be riding much at this rally.
    Stopped by Franks Motorcycle sales today (local BMW dealer). Metzeler has a big set up there - buy one tire get the second one free - mounting and balancing while you wait. Maybe you can ride afterall!!

dugmar
    Forecast looks as if it is changed a bit. More rain expected. That annoying little tropical storm off the coast is to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by dugmar
    Forecast looks as if it is changed a bit. More rain expected. That annoying little tropical storm off the coast is to blame.
    A little recap: My 6-hour ride up on Thursday was gorgeous. Maybe a little on the warm side but I'll take that for the crystal-clear blue skies that came with it. Friday dawned gray and threatening and the NOAA weather radio said 70% chance of showers. I did the GS ride, and boy did it shower on us - fortunately, we were "out of the woods" so to speak and running Rt 100 thru Granville toward lunch in Hancock when it opened up, hard. We even had some small hail. Cleared up later and we dried off pretty well. Returning to the rally, I was told it had never rained on the site. Saturday (today) was very threatening in the AM as I packed up and left. It rained, hard, as I worked my way south down near Brattleboro. Frog-strangling, zero-visibility kind of rain. I don't know for sure but I doubt Essex Junction will dodge the bullet this time. I hope the people departing Sunday get better conditions!
    Steve O. - MOA #122171
    '05 R12GS, '76 CB200 (wife's)
    '91 K100RS, '87 Honda CBR1000 Hurricane, '84 Yamaha FJ1100, '85 Honda VF500F, '76 Yamaha RD400, '82 Honda XL500... and more

Unregistered

Smile

Metzeler deal at Frank's was announced many times.