Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Tire Balance Beads

Thumbs up Tire Balance Beads

I tried a product called Dyna Balancing Beads in my new tires and I am amazed at how perfectly they work!! Totally eliminating all external weights and just using 1oz of beads in the front tire and 2oz's in the rear tire with perfect resullts! My local tire shop suggested them and I'm glad they did!
    There is a website that explains this product in great detail and the owner was very generous with his time when I called to ask many questions about this product before I used it. The bike I tried them on is a K1200LT.

www.innovativebalancing.com

Exclamation Not a Vendor

Just wanted to let people here know I'm not a vendor trying to sell something. Just a fellow rider passing along info about a product that I recently found and it works great.
    I posted this info on another Beemer site I belong to and got nothing but paranoid B.S. replies about being a scammer!

BMW Luxury Touring Community was the site incase anyone was interested

Danger: Keep Back 500 Ft FredRydr's Avatar
    Bummer to get hauled over the coals for something like that. The product just needs a fair review by an outfit like Motorcycle Consumer News.

BMW people can be such hard-asses.

Fred
    '02 R1150R
    Last edited by FredRydr; 04-14-2007 at 12:06 AM.

Is there a link for the sanke oil please? I have been looking to buy some for a while now....hehehehehe

Been lots of different balancing stuff for tires, one was a goop you
    squirted in. They used to sell a disk with a tubular rim that mounted
    behind the wheel, it had some oil and metal balls. This stuff must really look
    different if you ever had a blowout! I've never had any problems with
    tire balance with weights and continue to use them. Stuff like this isn't snake oil, though.

I'm a little skeptical...my thought is that centrifugal force would make the heaviest part of the tire stick out the farthest during rotation, and of course the beads would then settle in the stop most distant from the center of rotation- which would be the heavy part of the tire, which as just mentioned would be spinning at the 'highest orbit.' This of course would make the heaviest spot even heavier. What am I missing here?
    2012 R1200GS

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

Balance Beads

I'm not sure how they work but they do.
    I tried them on my Z71 truck tires that never seem to get balanced right and now there fine.

The dealer I bought my last set of LT tires suggested I try it free of charge and would balance them traditionally if it did'nt work. I did'nt know at that time they could be used in motorcycle tires. The offroad store I deal with locally suggested them to me for my large offroad tires. I really think the bike is even smoother than it ever has been with the beads in the tires.

Being a bit of a skeptic myself I contacted the company to ask many questions about using them for motorcycles and they told me they were getting very positive feedback from riders. Then I did a very intense web search to find out as much as possible before trying them. I had nothing to loose by trying them and much to gain if they worked.

Do they produce any noticeable noise?
    2012 R1200GS

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

Are they arranged on a string?

Balance Beads

They are completely quiet.
    They are very tiny, small enough to fit through the valve stem.
    It only takes 1oz for a front tire and 2oz for the rear.

Just so you know ALL BMW riders aren't going to rip you a new one, I think I am going to give these a try. Thanks for the tip - it came at a good time.
    Don't winterize; Rounderize!
    www.yearroundriders.com

Uh... why not just pour 4 oz of BB's in there?

Have you ever ridden without balancing a tire at all? I am and I can't tell a difference. I have to wonder if they are just making you think it is doing something when mounting the tire without balancing (and without the beads) would do the same thing.

Just wondering,

j.

Just ordered some of these beads. Traded e-mails with someone at the company and explained that I have a front tire that needed more than average weights to balance (mounted at the dealership) and they are very confident that I can put the beads in and do away with the weights.
    I should know how the product works by sometime next week. Thanks for the heads up.
    www.yearroundriders.com

Ladies and gentlemen, the beads work

I just had new tires put on about 6-700 miles ago. The Beemer store told me the front tire needed a total of 8 1/4 oz wheel weights to balance and the balance job was crappy. I read this thread and contacted the company. He told me to put 2 oz of the beads in my tire and take the weights off.
    Did that today and pulled out of the driveway very, very skeptical about what the results might be.....The beads work like a champ. Bike is smooth (at least up to 60 mph, will test higher speeds tomorrow.)
    As of this writing, I am one happy customer.
    I am going to tell my dealership about this product. Why use wheel weights any more???
    www.yearroundriders.com