Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Can I bring a car as well?

  1. #1
    It fell off when??!! KUTCHER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    377

    Can I bring a car as well?

    To try and convince my "better half" to go or even stay a night or two...I'm thinking that instead of the tent, -have her bring the wagon and throw the bags and stuff in the back...Probably not the most comfortable, but just may work!

    Is there anything that says I can't have the bike and a car in the campsite area?

    Thanks!

    -Kutch

  2. #2
    Focused kbasa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Marin By God County, California
    Posts
    11,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutcher
    To try and convince my "better half" to go or even stay a night or two...I'm thinking that instead of the tent, -have her bring the wagon and throw the bags and stuff in the back...Probably not the most comfortable, but just may work!

    Is there anything that says I can't have the bike and a car in the campsite area?

    Thanks!

    -Kutch
    No cars on the rally grounds, Kutch. It's a motorcycle only area.

    There'll be parking for cars, but they're not allowed inside the gates. Once the RVs get in, they're parked.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

    Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

  3. #3
    Registered User RINTY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    4,240

    bring car

    Not even Subaru's?

    Rinty

  4. #4
    '99 '03 '06 National Co-Rally Chair Friedle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    883

    Car?

    Quote Originally Posted by rinty
    Not even Subaru's?

    Rinty

    You mean the VT "state bird"?

    Friedle
    Ride fast safely

  5. #5
    Registered User RINTY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    4,240

    bring car

    And Alberta's provincial bird.

    And don't forget they're boxers,und schnell boxers.

    Rinty
    Last edited by rinty; 07-07-2006 at 10:46 PM. Reason: correct spelling

  6. #6
    Einzelkaempfer Whiplash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Manistee, MI/Simmern, RLP
    Posts
    199

    Cars, RV's and such

    Cars, Campers, RV's have their own little space. The main Campgrounds are for two-wheels only as far as I know, except if you deliver the goodies.

    I have the same problem with my SO, but to top it off she doesn't like to camp period. She doesn't want to come along on my world tour in three years either. So... this is my alone time.
    RS Rennsport, Whiplash Motorsport Group
    AHRMA # 59R

  7. #7
    Registered User bobmorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    29

    No early morning coffee????

    Perhaps I missed the "no movement from the RV area" in an earlier discussion. The plan is (was) to sleep in my Honda Element, so I reserved a "no utilities" space for three nights @ $60. Do I now understand that I can't go to Burlington or St. Mike's for it's highly praised food? I don't recall seeing that in any of the camping information. Did I miss it?

    /Bob
    1972 R75/5

  8. #8
    '99 '03 '06 National Co-Rally Chair Friedle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    883
    Quote Originally Posted by BobMorse
    Perhaps I missed the "no movement from the RV area" in an earlier discussion. The plan is (was) to sleep in my Honda Element, so I reserved a "no utilities" space for three nights @ $60. Do I now understand that I can't go to Burlington or St. Mike's for it's highly praised food? I don't recall seeing that in any of the camping information. Did I miss it?

    /Bob
    1972 R75/5
    Relax Bob,

    You have a couple of choices. There will be early morning coffee on the site from both the vendors and from the MOA. You can get to St Mike's or downtown Burlington by public transportation or Rally shuttle bus. Bus stop is right outside the CVE gate.


    Friedle
    Ride fast safely

  9. #9
    Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,799
    Also you might be able to ask a friend for a ride on the back....
    -=Brad

    It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

  10. #10
    Registered User bobmorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    29

    Thanks for calming me down

    Much better this morning.

    Thanks for your comments.

    /Bob

  11. #11
    '99 '03 '06 National Co-Rally Chair Friedle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    883

    Car

    Quote Originally Posted by BradfordBenn
    Also you might be able to ask a friend for a ride on the back....

    Not really a good idea to give somebody who has been drinking a ride on the back of your bike for obvious reasons. A secondary reason, think about having somebody heaving all over the back of your jacket and down your back



    You'll only do that one time!


    Friedle
    Ride fast safely

  12. #12
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Talking

    Bus service runs from the Essex Junction to Burlington for 3 bucks round trip.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •