Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rain Suit

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonder
    Tourmaster makes a great two piece suit that you can get for under $100. Unless you ride in the rain very, very frequently I found this to be more than adequate. I just took an all day trip in the rain of about 500 miles and the Tourmaster suit kept me dry as can be. Another thought might be what color do you want ... next time you're in the rain watch the cars and see which ones you can see soonest (excluding lighting). I prefer the yellow which really help with visibility in the rain/mist/road spray.

Ditto on the rain "booties" ... Whitehorse also has them for about 1/2 of what Aerostich wants for theirs. Cheap to buy ... saves your good boots ... easy to pack.

You can buy good old kitchen gloves at the grocery store ... get the XL size and slip them on over lightweight gloves. A cheap and VERY effective solution to wet hands for the rider who isn't in the rain often.

I got the booties at this site (19.99)

https://www.motoliberty.com/prod_detail.asp?Prod_ID=274
    Rags
    04 R1150RS, 07 HD XR883R
    IBA #17225

Frogg Toggs worked well

Quote Originally Posted by rinty
    Frogg Toggs

Rinty
    Yep. I just had a drenching experience and they did quite well.
    Erik (a.k.a. NorseMan9)
    MOA #118334
    2002 R1150R (black, but of course)
    Lexington, Massachusetts
    Birthplace of American Liberty

Just Passin' Thru
    I used to swear by my frogg toggs, but I have gotten very wet with them twice this year. Have you noticed they now sell a more traditional type suit. I have been considering the tourmaster elite model. The BMW two piece set looks good,but bmw, bring more wallet. Like to find those on sale.

K Bikes Complex by Choice cjack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stan
    I used to swear by my frogg toggs, but I have gotten very wet with them twice this year. Have you noticed they now sell a more traditional type suit. I have been considering the tourmaster elite model. The BMW two piece set looks good,but bmw, bring more wallet. Like to find those on sale.
    Viki and I wore the BMW two piece GoreTex suits on the way to VT over the leather suits this summer and they kept us totally dry in really hard rain that lasted for hours.
    My other bike is a BMW.
    Jack Hawley MOA and RA #224, KE9UW ("Chuck")

Adding my two cents...

For the handful of women on the forum, I have to recommend Lady Rider Wear's rain suit. I particularly like the fabric lined collar which stays dry on the inside.

The hubby has a set of Frog Togs that have leaked in the crotch since the day he bought them. He took this up with Frog Togs as well as the vendor that sold them to him with no satisfaction. As much as I like the design and packability, I can't recommend them.