Thread: Bear Tooth pass

Hybrid View

Bear Tooth pass

Last week I made a trip down through Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Washinton, British Columbia and back home to Calgary. The main objective of this trip was to cross the Beartooth Pass as I had never been over it before. I crossed into the US at Sweetgrass, turned east onto highway 87 at Great Falls ending the day at Billings MT. Day two, I stopped at Custer Battlefield, then continued down to WY, turning onto highway 14 at Ranchester. I followed it over Granite Pass to Lovell WY. from there I cut over to highway 212 to cross the Beartooth Pass. I made it as far as Gardner MT that day. Day three, I rode up to Helena MT, then over to Missoula Mt, where I caught highway 12 over the Lolo Pass into Idaho. I crossed over to Lewiston, then north on highway 95 to Moscow ID for the night. I headed up to Chattaroy WA for a couple of days visiting relatives before heading back to Canada. I crossed the border again on highway 31 and headed for Salmo BC. I rode up through the Kootenays past Kaslo and on to Nakusp. From there I went further west on highway 6 to Vernon BC, then north to Sicamous and on to Revelstoke to end day six. From there it was an easy ride the rest of the way home to Calgary for a total of just over 3900Km.

Granite Pass

Beartooth Pass

I think youve seen this sign before
    Last edited by MCMXCIV-RS; 09-16-2003 at 08:36 PM.
    Ed Miller, Calgary, AB
    2008 K1200GT, 2009 F800GS
    I can't wait to retire and have a fixed income. The one I have now is always broke.

leave my monkey alone LORAZEPAM's Avatar
    Sounds like a great ride, please post more.
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT

Awesome pics.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.