Thread: Bike Races in West Michigan

Hybrid View

Bike Races in West Michigan

This post was inspired by the Mid-Ohio superbike report. For all y'all folks within driving distance of Grand Rapids, Michigan. We have a great track, Grattan Raceway, at which to see some bike races. The track is in Belding, MI.
    Grattan is a 2 mile road course in a lovely country setting.
    There were 16 different bike events scheduled at Grattan between April 5th and the end of September. Among them were: AHRMA Vintage races (enjoyed myself that day); Reg Pridemore Advance Riders School; 3 Fast Trax racing week-ends with an advanced riders class on the Friday before - there is still time to get in on the last one on the 26-28th of this month; two WERA events; Ducati club 22nd annual week-end of racing; etc. etc.

The folks who own Grattan don't do diddly squat to promote the events there. I saw some racing for free, one event was $6, another was $15. I have also caught some kick booty go-kart racing (130 mph in the straight!), vintage car races, and there are SCCA and various sports car clubs that race on week-ends.

Check out Grattan at: www.grattanraceway.com
    Don't winterize; Rounderize!
    www.yearroundriders.com

leave my monkey alone LORAZEPAM's Avatar

Ride up to see the races

Cliffy,
    I dont think I can make the sept races this year, but next year I would love to ride up and check out a weekend or two. Nothing like a weekend of races to improve your attitude.
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT