Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Security/Locks

Krypto makes a few different size/type disc locks, which one did the dealer have?
    Doug (Rhino) Meloche
    USMC (Ret)
    "Ignorance can be fixed, Stupid is forever"

LoJack for bikes??

Someone mentioned LoJack for bikes. OK, check out:
    http://www.star-traxx.com/tlw.asp

which will show you the path (and times) for a rider in the most recent IronButt.

Mac in Peoria
    Mac
    1986 R80RT, 2005 R1200GS
    Livin' Large On The Lake

That seems like some great technology. I can't get anywhere on the web site other than the welcome page. Is there more to it or do you have to contact them first?

Do you use it? Seems like you could track a whole lot of other stuff associated with riding as well.
    Doug (Rhino) Meloche
    USMC (Ret)
    "Ignorance can be fixed, Stupid is forever"

Rhino, indeed it is.
    The rider using this technology is Tom Leogering of Manhattan Beach, CA, a well known LD rider...on a K1200LT.
    I couldn't come up with much on the technology, although I suspect its similar to what's used for long-haul truckers to keep track on their whereabouts.
    Loegering would be the guy to ask, I suspect. He had an email address of tomsr@vel.net, but that was a few years back.
    Loegering is the rider in the 1997 Iron Butt who was disqualified after finishing first or second (can't remember) because he lost his Iron butt towel, and doctored another to
    resemble his, using the doctored towel to photgraphically record his presence at certain IBR bonus point locations. He made all the stops - but it was considered foul play to use another towel.
    Perhaps the use of the lo-jack type technology in 2003 was a way of making sure everyone knew where he was and when.
    Anyway, he is partially retired from Real Estate Management Services in Redondo Beach, CA, and I suspect could be reached there. As far as the technology goes, it was interesting that it can be used to monitor natural gas wells by computer...

Mac
    Mac
    1986 R80RT, 2005 R1200GS
    Livin' Large On The Lake

Sorry I couldn't answer sooner, I was riding the Rockies for the last week (awesome trip!!!). I believe Prestige Motorsports (St. Louis) was selling the Kryptonite EV. Took my chances/trusted humanity and left my bike parked in my brother's driveway in Colorado Springs. No problems.
    Bruce F
    '86 R65, '96 R1100RS, '04 K1200RS - SOLD
    '13 K1300S 30th Anniversary
    The most notable thing you can leave for posterity is your name...signed Anonymous