Results 1 to 15 of 31

Thread: "camping" What to bring?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    frankiedakar
    Guest

    Question "camping" What to bring?

    Hey everyone,
    My girlfriend and I are making a list of items we want to to bring to the rally. What we have down so far is : motorcycle, 2 helements, tent........
    This will be our 1st rally, soo i'd like to know if i could get any other ideas from past ralliers.
    We would hate get up there and say,,,dang thats a good idea...or i wish we would have brought that....
    see ya up there,
    frankie
    Mechanicsburg, Pa.

  2. #2
    Stuff2c
    Guest
    Shorts...it's July.

    If your two up forget bringing a cooler, buy one of those $1.99 styrofoam ones and leave it behind.

  3. #3
    SNC1923
    Guest
    Exactly one-half the clothing that you think you'll need.

  4. #4
    tuber1
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuff2C
    Shorts...it's July.

    If your two up forget bringing a cooler, buy one of those $1.99 styrofoam ones and leave it behind.
    yeah and when evryone leaves, someone still has to stay and clean up 3000 foam coolers. they are lots of soft,compact coolers available...

  5. #5
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Thumbs up

    Check out Camping down the left side of the Home Page.

  6. #6
    Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,799
    You may also want to check out this thread going on at the moment http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthre...906#post126906
    -=Brad

    It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

  7. #7
    frankiedakar
    Guest
    thanks every one
    i never noticed the "camping" section on the bmw moa hompage,,, wow that has alot of info i was looking for.
    i just joined bmw moa tonight. i figure if im going to your rally ,,,i should be a memeber. i'm looking forward to getting the news letter and learning more about bmw's.
    thanks again,
    frankie

  8. #8
    Stuff2c
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tuber1
    yeah and when evryone leaves, someone still has to stay and clean up 3000 foam coolers. they are lots of soft,compact coolers available...
    You may want to check and see if they are going to have trash cans at the rally site before you purchase your styrofoam cooler.

  9. #9
    Has the GS-Lust The_Veg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Atlanta 'burbs
    Posts
    5,328
    i figure if im going to our rally
    Fixed!
    2012 R1200GS

    "If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

  10. #10
    Has the GS-Lust The_Veg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Atlanta 'burbs
    Posts
    5,328

    Coolers

    Trash cans or no, I suggest the soft collapsable type instead of styrofoam.
    1) You only have to buy it once.
    2) You contribute less the the waste-stream.
    3) You decrease the work-load for the cleanup volunteers
    4) The styrofoam may be CFC-free, but it's still made of petroleum.
    5) If you have more than one day of travel getting to or from the rally, you might get use of the collapsable cooler along the way too.
    6) It's just plain irresponsible to use something once then toss it.
    7) The soft-cooler could double as bike-luggage (tail-bag, etc.).
    2012 R1200GS

    "If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

  11. #11
    I Used to Be Someone sheridesabeemer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Live Free & Ride, NH
    Posts
    3,859
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiedakar
    Hey everyone,
    My girlfriend and I are making a list of items we want to to bring to the rally. What we have down so far is : motorcycle, 2 helements, tent........
    This will be our 1st rally, soo i'd like to know if i could get any other ideas from past ralliers.
    We would hate get up there and say,,,dang thats a good idea...or i wish we would have brought that....
    see ya up there,
    frankie
    Mechanicsburg, Pa.
    Everyone seemed to have covered the usual.
    Let me add:
    Flip-flops or some other type of sandle to wear in the shower area, as well as to slip on for middle of the night potty stops.
    Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •