Thread: Online access while at the rally?

Jim Bud

Online access while at the rally?

Can anyone offer any advice where we might be able to get online access while at the rally. I am not planning to bring my computer, however I could if I have to. I'm hoping that a library or the university will have public access. Any thoughts??

Jim Bud...

Re: Online access while at the rally?

Originally posted by j-budimlya
    Can anyone offer any advice where we might be able to get online access while at the rally. I am not planning to bring my computer, however I could if I have to. I'm hoping that a library or the university will have public access. Any thoughts??

In the past, they've had an internet cafe set up in the vendor area.

We're staying at a hotel that provides free highspeed internet access, so I'll be posting pictures of the rally here while the rally is underway. (Have to bring my laptop to stay in touch, in some small degree, with work)

I'm sure any member here could do the same at the internet cafe.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

'99 '03 '06 National Co-Rally Chair Friedle's Avatar

Rally Internet access

Sorry Dave, but this year there will be no BMW MOA Internet Cafe in the Vendor area.

No one wanted to take responsibility to chair the Cyber Cafe committee, despite requests to the IBMWR community and it's admins, amongst others who were asked.

There are no commercial cyber cafes in Charleston that I know of, but there are plenty of libraries in the area, including one just down the street from the Civic Center.

If somebody wants to step up to take charge of a MOA Cyber Cafe at the Rally, it's still not too late. There are plenty of computer equipment companies in Charleston where we can rent any equipment needed and the Civic Cneter is already wired with T-1 lines in the vendor area just waiting for us to use.

Hey, maybe we can just make your room the Cyber Cafe.
    Ride fast safely