Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 51

Thread: Pics of the Rally Site!

  1. #1
    Polarbear Polarbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Clovis,CA
    Posts
    4,214

    Pics of the Rally Site!

    Are we going to see these soon? Please! I trust the camping there will be abundant with grassy sites. Can we park our bikes at our site (on grass)? I know I've asked before,Rob, but I may well get there a day late and don't want to camp in overflow dirt,etc....I can make other arrangements, if this one fills up, as Ohio did! Thanks..Randy13233 PS; Sorry if these are already available. I can't find them.

  2. #2
    Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,799
    You can check it out at Google Maps According to the Rally Team there will be lots of camping space.
    -=Brad

    It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

  3. #3
    Ritalin Poster Boy rob nye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Bristol, Rhode Island
    Posts
    2,939
    Hey now,

    Pics are coming. I took a bunch that were posted in another thread, they are pretty much forum quality but not really worthy of the web pages.

    The site is close to 130 acres and there is plenty of green space for camping. Depending on where you camp you will be able to put your bike right next to your tent.

    If you look at the link Brad posted the grass is burnt and looks brown in the photo. Zoom in and you will get a great idea of what the place is like.

    Best,

    Rob Nye

  4. #4
    Gas up, Ride, Repeat HadABabyItsABeemer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Baltimore, Md
    Posts
    50
    If you look in Rally dates and location on page 3, I have a color pic of the grounds I found on google. Nice area!

  5. #5
    Pulls to the left mike cousino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bristol, Vermont - Gateway to The Green Mountains
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Nye
    Hey now,

    Pics are coming. I took a bunch that were posted in another thread, they are pretty much forum quality but not really worthy of the web pages.

    The site is close to 130 acres and there is plenty of green space for camping. Depending on where you camp you will be able to put your bike right next to your tent.

    If you look at the link Brad posted the grass is burnt and looks brown in the photo. Zoom in and you will get a great idea of what the place is like.

    Best,

    Rob Nye
    Rob, Are you going up in a balloon and take some pictures?
    Click on image and scroll down.

  6. #6
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Rob,
    Whats with the Expo Center camping registration form for reservations I see ?

  7. #7
    Rally Rat Mar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    1,117
    Quote Originally Posted by BradfordBenn
    You can check it out at Google Maps According to the Rally Team there will be lots of camping space.
    Hmmm. I notice that several of the surrounding residences have swimming pools. Who's up for a nice dip if the weather gets hot?
    Marilyn Roberts
    F800R, R1150R, R100 Mystic
    Add about 1100 to my post count

  8. #8
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Thumbs down

    Registration for RV's--not tents.

  9. #9
    BMW MOA co-founder bmwdean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    1,020
    Satellite view:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jeff Dean − Tucson, Arizona − BMW MOA Co-founder (1972)
    http://bmwdean.com/2014-r1200rt.htm − MSF Chief Instructor (1994)
    Friend of the Marque (1999) − Prof. Gerhard Knochlein BMW Classic Award (2013)
    2014 & 2007 R1200RTs, R60/2s, R67/3, R51/3 ↔ 1949 R24

  10. #10
    Polarbear Polarbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Clovis,CA
    Posts
    4,214

    COOL Shot!

    JD comes up with winner here! Satelite, hey? Can't quite read the license plates, but good anyhow. Thanks. Randy13233. Lets see now, where to camp?

  11. #11
    Registered User 171374's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    mid michigan
    Posts
    35
    dont see a lot of shade in that pic

  12. #12
    Still Wondering mika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Fly Over Land
    Posts
    10,554
    Quote Originally Posted by zzkvsl
    dont see a lot of shade in that pic
    No problemo. Vermont - its not flat - so the sun can only hit you at certain angles.
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

    St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune

  13. #13
    '99 '03 '06 National Co-Rally Chair Friedle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    883

    pics

    Quote Originally Posted by zzkvsl
    dont see a lot of shade in that pic

    It's a fairgrounds, not a national forest.

    There are some shaded areas to camp, but they might not be right where you want them to be. It's the typical conundrum of utilizing a fairgrounds large enough to deal with a camping crowd of our size.

    Solution, bring your own shade; parawing, tent vestibule, tarp, etc.

    Friedle

    VERMONT, It's Not Flat
    Ride fast safely

  14. #14
    trackerjohn
    Guest

    RV question

    I know it's a bike rally, not a trailer or rv one, but old age and health limits whether or I can attend. The question is will there be a map sent out with the camping registration permit showing how to get to the rv area and does any one know the assignment of spaces method? First arrival or what.
    Many thanks for all the work.

  15. #15
    Curmudgeon 28796's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Danielson, Ct.
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by trackerjohn
    I know it's a bike rally, not a trailer or rv one, but old age and health limits whether or I can attend. The question is will there be a map sent out with the camping registration permit showing how to get to the rv area and does any one know the assignment of spaces method? First arrival or what.
    Many thanks for all the work.
    There are no maps being sent out with the rally registration that I know of. Finding the RV gate once you arrive should be pretty straight forward so I wouldn't worry about it. You can reserve an RV site by going to this link:
    http://www.bmwmoa.org/rally/rally06/rv.htm download & print out a form, mail it in with payment. If you have any problems PM or email me & I'll help you out.
    John Borella
    MOA Ambassador
    Danielson, Ct.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •