Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who from N,Idaho is doing the all three rally's

Unregistered

Who from N,Idaho is doing the all three rally's

I live just east of CDA, and am looking at doing the three rallies in three weekends, who all from this area is going.

Thanks
    Bret

25-MPH NEXT 1OO MILES PacWestGS's Avatar

POA Tour!!! and all points in between

Bret, I'm coming from Western Washington and plan to be in Boise on the 6th or 7th and then jumping all over the states between each subsequent rally and then riding back home through Canada.

How lost do you want to get?

Doc
    Russ
    "If you took the time to really get to know me...you'd be wasting your time, because I'm exactly who you think I am"

(Life comes at you pretty fast "Pay it Forward" - Have no regrets when the end happens)

Unregistered

Lost is my middle name

I am looking to see just how many from this area around me are going to do the whole 3000 trip rally, I really would like to get that pin for attending all three rally's.

I have only been riding my 1150 rt for a year now, and dont know to many from my area who are going.

I am part of the Inland Northwester bmw group, I will find out the next meeting how many from my group will be going.

Very good possibility here,too

Central CA.rider and I have the time off to do it! I am definately headed to Vermont, but no itinerary set. I've been talking to myself a lot about crossing Canada, heading east. I'll be riding R100/7 or my newer KLT. Undecided which bike I prefer for this one. Vintage or new? I've been riding the KLT too much, the last couple years and need a change perhaps.

POA Tour!!! and all points in between

OK, this may be initial planning and there are no time/distance requirements to make each day, and I may get lost once in a while and make a 'left-turn' but here is a glimps of 4680 miles between my house and Essex Junction, VT.

Highlights, are Hell's Canyon, BMW RA Rally, Bryce Canyon, Zion NP, TOR Rally, Pikes Peak, Graceland, BRP, and Skyline DR. and then up to BMW MOA Rally.
    Russ
    "If you took the time to really get to know me...you'd be wasting your time, because I'm exactly who you think I am"

(Life comes at you pretty fast "Pay it Forward" - Have no regrets when the end happens)

POA riders' meeting at the RA Rally?

As one of the 'RA Rally Co-Chairs and coordinator for the POA I couple of questions for you all:

1. Would you guys like to have a "POA Tour Riders's Meeting" at the RA Rally in Boise? Something informal just to get to know each other and maybe hook up for possibly riding together? Pick a time/location and I can add it to the events schedule for Boise.

2. We are printing 100 POA t-shirts. This will have the POA logo large on the back, with the rally name on the front left breast, and the 'MOA and 'RA will be identified each on a sleeve. My question is, how many of you think you would want to buy such a shirt? I'm trying to gage demand.

Thanks.
    Greg Feeler
    BMW MOA Director & Ambassador
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

Quote Originally Posted by SFDOC
    OK, this may be initial planning and there are no time/distance requirements to make each day, and I may get lost once in a while and make a 'left-turn' but here is a glimps of 4680 miles between my house and Essex Junction, VT.

Highlights, are Hell's Canyon, BMW RA Rally, Bryce Canyon, Zion NP, TOR Rally, Pikes Peak, Graceland, BRP, and Skyline DR. and then up to BMW MOA Rally.
    Me and a buddy are leaving from Seattle area on the 6th; we're heading due east to Lewiston where we'll grab a hotel Thursday night then head down along the east side of Hells Canyon to Boise. Sunday we'll be heading down to Colorado but we're heading back to Seattle area on Thursday or Friday. Most likely down through Southern Utah; across Nevada; then on to the coast of California and then northward back to Seattle.

be glad to hook up with anyone along the way
    2004 1150 GS / 04 KTM 625 SXC / 94 Gas Gas JTR 270

Give a gift of Hope! to an orphan

I'm comming out from the flatlands of Fl. to be a peaker. They also have a forum on the BMWRA site that is geared to the SPUDS, SUDS, and ICE CREAM tour
    Knick
    F800GS
    Vespa ET4

robdogg,

Sounds sorta like where and when I'm going. My plan is to go east on 7 to 12 over to Yakima and then here and there slab and off again to Lewiston. Depending on the time of day, stop or continue into the Park and camp. Nothing is yet in 'stone' but I'm planning to leave the house on the 6th and arrive in Boise on the evening of the 7th.

We should get it together on PM as the time draws nearer.

If that doesn't happen, look for a 'Loaded' two-up 'Blue and White' R1150GSA with silver/grey jesse bags, that would be me.

Oh yeah check out this web site Hell's Canyon

Doc
    Russ

Quote Originally Posted by GregFeeler
    As one of the 'RA Rally Co-Chairs and coordinator for the POA I couple of questions for you all:

1. Would you guys like to have a "POA Tour Riders's Meeting" at the RA Rally in Boise? Something informal just to get to know each other and maybe hook up for possibly riding together? Pick a time/location and I can add it to the events schedule for Boise.

2. We are printing 100 POA t-shirts. This will have the POA logo large on the back, with the rally name on the front left breast, and the 'MOA and 'RA will be identified each on a sleeve. My question is, how many of you think you would want to buy such a shirt? I'm trying to gage demand.

Thanks.
    I'd be interested in at least two (one small and one large).

Ohh yeah, rider's meeting, that sounds like a good idea, too Saturday Night around 6:00 to 8:00 PM ???
    Russ

BOKRIJDER
    Greg,

Two in x-large please.
    Riders get together sounds good.

Motard

I'm in for a shirt even more so if it was made from one of the new performance (wicking) materials
    Knick
    F800GS
    Vespa ET4

BOKRIJDER
    Quote Originally Posted by HexST
    I'm in for a shirt even more so if it was made from one of the new performance (wicking) materials

Good point

Motard

Quote Originally Posted by Motard
    Good point

Motard

I love those kinds of shirts - BUT they are seriously expensive, and all the more so with all the complicated graphics (colors and details) required by the POA logo. IF we do the wicking shirts they will likely run $28~30. It would be beautiful - but my concern is that would be too steep for some folks. OTOH, a quality cotton t-shirt would be closer to 20 bux - maybe under.

The shirt will have the POA logo on the back, with text on the front, and then either "BMW MOA" and "BMW RA" running down the sleeves (on a long sleeve shirt), or the 'MOA logo on one sleeve and the 'RA logo on the other of a short sleeve shirt. So, IMHO, they will be very vivid and distinctive. Given that - who would go for 28 to 30 bux in the wicking material vs the cheaper cotton or cotton blend?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Greg Feeler
    BMW MOA Director & Ambassador
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

I'm good with either, but guess I would lean towards a Cotton/Blend 'Mock' Turtle-Neck Long Sleeve in Black (The Fast One). But then again a simple white or blue T-Shirt short-sleeve will do fine, for the collection...

Could you replace the RT with a GS, Thanks.

Doc
    Russ