Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Everyone who's going to the Vermont rally, raise your hands!

Quote Originally Posted by RedHot
    Dan - you and Geri were so nice at the RUT - we should do you a favor and have a party at the RV
    Tina
    Oh yeah. There's room, and we'll try to have plenty of ice and stuff in the cooler.
    Dan

Halifax and Larry's River, Nova Scotia, Canada
    .... count us in for 2006 and 2007. -Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images

I may make it

This would be my first rally and I'm really interested. But, I'm trying to figure out how to have my wife come (on her own BMW) and still have child care for the kids.

We'll see....

Idaho Mapes Ready / RA National / Peaks Ride

A special edition has been created to celebrate the Peaks of America and RA Rally. Vermont Maps in preparation for the MOA Rally are at MileageSlaves.com and NOW fabulous maps of 12 great riding circuits around Boise courtesy of the RA and the Idaho STARS program. These maps will print "tank bag size" and can be found at www.MileageSlaves.com/roads.htm As well have you registered yet for the annual mileage "contest"? Turns out that of those who logged final miles we have a male and female who we will annoint as high milers. So if you registered and had over 30,000 miles let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by DancinDave
    A special edition has been created to celebrate the Peaks of America and RA Rally. Vermont Maps in preparation for the MOA Rally are at MileageSlaves.com and NOW fabulous maps of 12 great riding circuits around Boise courtesy of the RA and the Idaho STARS program. These maps will print "tank bag size" and can be found at www.MileageSlaves.com/roads.htm As well have you registered yet for the annual mileage "contest"? Turns out that of those who logged final miles we have a male and female who we will annoint as high milers. So if you registered and had over 30,000 miles let me know.

Dave, are you refering to the BMWMOA mileage contest, or a MIleage Slaves contest?

JON
    27 of 25

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NorseMan9
    This would be my first rally and I'm really interested. But, I'm trying to figure out how to have my wife come (on her own BMW) and still have child care for the kids.

We'll see....
    There are kid activities.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

ballen262
    New member, and this will be my very first rally and first long trip, I will do the in-tire peak tour, Boise, Colorado, then Vermont. I will hit all three rallies and I will get a pic of my BMW next to the statue of liberty in new york.

Longest trip so far one way has been 700 miles.

I will do tons of planning, and will take my time to enjoy this, at age 36 and to do this will be one of the top things in my life I have wanted to accomplish.

I will miss my family while on this trip, but they will be with me the in-tire way as I will have their picture on the dash.

By the time I get done with this trip, I should log in over 6000 miles on my 2002 BMW R 1150 RT.

Everyday I get closer and closer to the date of leaving its gonna be hard.

25-MPH NEXT 1OO MILES PacWestGS's Avatar

POA Tour!!! and all points in between

OK, this may be initial planning and there are no time/distance requirements to make each day, and I may get lost once in a while and make a 'left-turn' but here is a glimps of 4680 miles between my house and Essex Junction, VT.

Highlights, are Hell's Canyon, BMW RA Rally, Bryce Canyon, Zion NP, TOR Rally, Pikes Peak, Graceland, BRP, and Skyline DR. and then up to BMW MOA Rally.
    Russ
    "If you took the time to really get to know me...you'd be wasting your time, because I'm exactly who you think I am"

(Life comes at you pretty fast "Pay it Forward" - Have no regrets when the end happens)

rlonstein
    Quote Originally Posted by NorseMan9

We'll see....
    Similar here... my wife doesn't ride and decided that going several hours from home to hang out and watch our toddler while I do my thing isn't a vacation (and I suppose it isn't).

I'm still going, haven't figured out where I'm staying and have no camping gear so it's getting interesting where I'm going to stay and for how many days.

- Ross

rlonstein

Split a room at the Hampton Inn?

Quote Originally Posted by rlonstein
    I'm still going, haven't figured out where I'm staying and have no camping gear so it's getting interesting where I'm going to stay and for how many days.
    - Ross
    Anyone want to split a double at the Hampton Inn? I'm looking at $116/night with my AAA discount

- Ross

TOH and I are in.

See some of you at registeration.
    MT helmet
    [COLOR=Red]NO ONE ELSE ADMITS IT[FONT=Courier New]

To BMWDEAN

You won. And how long did that little exercise take.
    sport tourer

tomballos

OH Yes, My First

Well I am looking forward to this event. Last year I did a different event up in Stowe and loved riding all over VT. Mountains, valleys, twisties, sweepers, big lakes antiques, shopping, history, beer, and cow ****. It's all there folks.

This is my first BMW event and I will be riding my first BMW. I am registered, I haven't decided if I will camp out or stay in a motel but I have paid, bought a shirt and already have a smile on my face.

TomB

I will be there with bells on. In fact, I may order a few additional bells from the Aerostich catalog just for the occasion. The plan is to do the Ramapo 500 in New York on the weekend prior to the rally, and then head over to Vermont from there.

Quote Originally Posted by ctballos
    This is my first BMW event and I will be riding my first BMW. I am registered, I haven't decided if I will camp out or stay in a motel but I have paid, bought a shirt and already have a smile on my face.

TomB
    CAMP,CAMP,CAMP!
    Onward, through the fog!