Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 92

Thread: Everyone who's going to the Vermont rally, raise your hands!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    BMW MOA co-founder bmwdean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    1,021

    Everyone who's going to the Vermont rally, raise your hands!



    Everyone who's going to the Vermont rally, raise your hands!


    Last edited by bmwdean; 04-19-2006 at 02:30 AM.
    Jeff Dean − Tucson, Arizona − BMW MOA Co-founder (1972)
    http://bmwdean.com/2014-r1200rt.htm − MSF Chief Instructor (1994)
    Friend of the Marque (1999) − Prof. Gerhard Knochlein BMW Classic Award (2013)
    2014 & 2007 R1200RTs, R60/2s, R67/3, R51/3 ↔ 1949 R24

  2. #2
    Train in Vain tnk12lt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    89
    I'm going to Vermont in '06......................



    I'm going to Wisconsin in '07....................


    Yes ......I'm going to both ......Vermont and Wisconsin
    Doug
    '99 K1200LT, '03 Ducati M800Si.e.-SOLD, '02 F650GSD, '03 DRZ400S

  3. #3
    Focused kbasa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Marin By God County, California
    Posts
    11,639
    In for both.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

    Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

  4. #4
    X-Troller hexst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Orlando/Blairsville, GA
    Posts
    284
    In for Vt. also the rest of the Peaks of America tour.The RA has a forum in their rally area.
    Knick
    F800GS
    WR250R
    Vespa ET4

  5. #5
    belquar
    Guest
    I'm in and totally psyched. This will be my second national. Really looking forward to it. ALL HANDS UP!!!!

  6. #6
    Registered User chasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Bloomington, IL
    Posts
    1,111

    Thumbs up

    Julie and I will be there. This will be the first National Rally our son Ryan will be able to attend because the Army National Guard had him occupied for the past seven Nationals. Boy is he pumped! It's gonna be great because VERMONT - It's Not Flat!


    Riding Like the Wind...

    The Manleys
    Black '02 K12RS (Chuck & Julie)
    Black '96 R1100R (Ryan)
    Knights of the Roundel BMW Riders #333 (all)

  7. #7
    Registered User pbbeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    29
    I just signed up. I'm a noob. I'm scared.

    I'm riding my RT from Long Beach, CA to Boston, then ferrying to Yarmouth, Nova Scotia and approaching Vermont from the north. It's going to be one heck of a summer!
    Paul Beck (#122799)
    Long Beach, CA

    2006 R 1200 GS
    2006 MV Agusta Brutale 910S

    Visit My Web Site or My Roaadtrip Web Log

  8. #8
    BUBBAZANETTI
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pbbeck
    I just signed up. I'm a noob. I'm scared.

    I'm riding my RT from Long Beach, CA to Boston, then ferrying to Yarmouth, Nova Scotia and approaching Vermont from the north. It's going to be one heck of a summer!


    no need to be scared!!! you will have had the most intense ride to the rally, we will crown you champion of the beer garden!!!!!!!

  9. #9
    Dang! RatSnake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Third Lake, IL
    Posts
    291
    I'm IN for VT.

    I'll probably commute to WI.
    RatSnake
    Dennis Murphy
    Third Lake, IL
    2013 R1200GS BMWMOA, IBMWR, AMA Rounder #43

  10. #10
    "hey ya'll" CABNFVR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Hendersonville, NC
    Posts
    39
    ....Everyone who's going to the Vermont rally, raise your hands......

    Susan and I will be there - after Cabot Trail, that is.



  11. #11
    Registered User Emoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    957
    Quote Originally Posted by CABNFVR

    Susan and I will be there - after Cabot Trail, that is.


    I love Cape Breton and the Cabot Trail! You staying there at the Silver Dart, as shown in your link? It is fine, and so is the restaurant there.

    There is a national park at the north end that is nice, and I always tray to stay up toward the north end of things. Whenever I go to the Cabot Trail, I ALWAYS go to Cheticamp and eat dinner at The Harbor restaurant. Not fancy, but a wonderful place on the edge of a west facing cliff overlooking the water. Beautiful at sunset. And, the food is an outstanding value there. Some of what they sell will have been caught locally the day you eat it. Tough to beat that.
    Eventual Master of the Obvious
    SE Mass - SOHC4 - DoD - BMWMOA - EMOTO #1
    ...proud walking jingle in the midnight sun...
    Free Smugmug Discount Coupon: mStnWv71mNkjo

  12. #12
    "hey ya'll" CABNFVR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Hendersonville, NC
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Emoto
    ..... staying there at the Silver Dart.......... go to Cheticamp and eat dinner at The Harbor restaurant. Not fancy, but a wonderful place on the edge of a west facing cliff overlooking the water. Beautiful at sunset. ..........
    Silver Dart Mon-Tue prior to Rally.

    Looks like a Tuesday evening dinner at The Harbor for sure.
    (besides,I get to add it to my new GPS toy. Not that I can't find Cheticamp, but ....)

    Thanks for the tip. Maybe a few others will travel to Vermont this way.

    Tim

  13. #13
    Registered User Emoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    957
    Quote Originally Posted by CABNFVR
    Silver Dart Mon-Tue prior to Rally.

    Looks like a Tuesday evening dinner at The Harbor for sure.
    (besides,I get to add it to my new GPS toy. Not that I can't find Cheticamp, but ....)

    Thanks for the tip. Maybe a few others will travel to Vermont this way.

    Tim
    IIRC, the Silver Dart has an all-you-can-eat buffet as well. So there's Monday night!

    Check out the Alexander Graham Bell museum while you're in that neighborhood, if you have time.

    Bob
    Eventual Master of the Obvious
    SE Mass - SOHC4 - DoD - BMWMOA - EMOTO #1
    ...proud walking jingle in the midnight sun...
    Free Smugmug Discount Coupon: mStnWv71mNkjo

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    27

    Idaho Mapes Ready / RA National / Peaks Ride

    A special edition has been created to celebrate the Peaks of America and RA Rally. Vermont Maps in preparation for the MOA Rally are at MileageSlaves.com and NOW fabulous maps of 12 great riding circuits around Boise courtesy of the RA and the Idaho STARS program. These maps will print "tank bag size" and can be found at www.MileageSlaves.com/roads.htm As well have you registered yet for the annual mileage "contest"? Turns out that of those who logged final miles we have a male and female who we will annoint as high milers. So if you registered and had over 30,000 miles let me know.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    WC Indiana
    Posts
    843
    Quote Originally Posted by DancinDave
    A special edition has been created to celebrate the Peaks of America and RA Rally. Vermont Maps in preparation for the MOA Rally are at MileageSlaves.com and NOW fabulous maps of 12 great riding circuits around Boise courtesy of the RA and the Idaho STARS program. These maps will print "tank bag size" and can be found at www.MileageSlaves.com/roads.htm As well have you registered yet for the annual mileage "contest"? Turns out that of those who logged final miles we have a male and female who we will annoint as high milers. So if you registered and had over 30,000 miles let me know.

    Dave, are you refering to the BMWMOA mileage contest, or a MIleage Slaves contest?

    JON
    27 of 25

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •