Thread: Where can I buy a 3.50 x 18 tire?

Rbike

Question Where can I buy a 3.50 x 18 tire?

I put a 100/90 x 18 on the front of my R26 and it is just a tad bit too big and is rubbing very very slightly on one side of the fender. The fender does look to be centered and the wheel is straight enough, not perfect, but good enough for the small rides I take the bike on.

My local shop matched me up to the 100/90 saying it was only slightly wider than my 3.50 x 18. But that little bit is just too much. So I'm looking for a stock english size tire to try next. Brand isn't important to me since I don't ride this bike hard...Cheng Shin, King, whatever will hold air will be better than the dry rotted one I removed.

Anyone know where I can get one?

There is quite a variation in the actual size of tires between brands. What tire did you mount?

I just -- as in yesterday -- put a set of Bridgestone S11 100/90 18" tires on my R60/2 and had no clearance problems at all. I was even able to get the (inflated) rear tire into place past the brake shoes without having to grunt even once.

Metzeler still makes the ME22 in a 3.50x18 size. Unfortunately, they don't import them to the US. Some of the German suppliers have them.
    --Darryl Richman, forum liaison
    http://darryl.crafty-fox.com

I got inch-sized tires made by IRC that seem to work OK on my R69S. They have a retro looking tread design.

Kurt in S.A.

Bench Mark Works usually has a selection of "true" size tires. Their website isn't the easiest to navigate but start here and you should be able to find your way. Use the CRTL "F" function find what you're looking for a little faster.

When I was searching around for tires for my R60 I came across a manufacturer that had a 90/90/18 front but I can't remember which it was. I think it might have been the Avon Roadrunner.
    05 R1100S BCR
    87 K75C
    69 R60US
    01 Suzuki GSXR 1000
    00 Suzuki SV650 naked
    01 Suzuki SV650S
    02 Suzuki SV650S

The true width of the tire will be what you actually measure, not what the published numbers are (100/90, 3.50). Plus every manufacturer has slightly different dimensions. What you see (or read) is not necessarily what you get!

Kurt in S.A.

dlearl476
    Michelin makes Macadam 50/50E in the older SAE sizes. I got some for my R75 from Southwest Moto tire. Whether they come in the size you're after, I can't say.