No, they are not that good.....worst BMW I've owned from a reliability perspective
I do love this bike when it is not breaking.
Here is what's been replaced in the 55K miles of ownership:
1. Air box
2. Fuel pump assembly - leaking bung in the fuel bulkhead
3. Ball joints -upper and lower failed
4. Brake line recall
5. Cam chain, sprockets, guides and new tensioner
6. O2 sensor - fouled
7. 2 out 4 stick coils - gone bad had all 4 replaced for good measure
8. Front wheel ABS sensor failure
9. Complete ABS pump failure - this just happened a few weeks ago
Total cost >$5500
On top to that the clutch sucks. I've learned to work around it but my 18 year old R1100RSL has a better box and clutch than the K12GT does.
Great bike when it is running, but a very poor combination of design and material failure will leave a stain on the reputation of this short lived K12/13GT family.