Gillette Ride from Massachusetts
My son and I plan to travel from central Massachusetts to the rally next summer and are hoping to find others from the area who might be interested in riding out and back together. We're thinking a small group might be safer and provide some assistance in case anyone has a mechanical issue. Is anyone from the area interested?
Another Chicagoan going to Gillette
I have been so excited about this trip, that I have been mapping my rides. I am digesting on few thoughts such as:
1. Leaving from Gurnee, IL I go to Savanna, travel the Mississippi, get on the I-90. Stay the night in Sioux Falls (after some 640 miles). Ride through Rapid City, visiting attractions and riding through some scenic routes and finally camping at Custer National Forest (after some 400 miles). Leaving for Gillette with a quick stop in Sundance.
2. Spend one full day riding the Bighorn and the Clouds Peak, camping at Clouds Peak.
3. Spend full day riding Chief Joseph and Beartooth, camping at Yellowstone.
4. Spend full day riding the Yellowstone, camping at Teton.
5. Riding Teton and visiting Idaho Falls and then heading East returning to Chicago either via Nebraska or South Dakota.
I've got some great sightseeing routes planned when going to Gillette. Hence, it'll take me 2 1/3 day to get to Gillette vs. 2 full days. From my place Gillette is some like 1,210 miles.
All these full day excursions may be too much, I don't know yet, but I'm sure it'll change when I get there. But I'd be planning all these in MapSource.
If anyone wants to tag along, you are most welcome. More the merrier! :dance
Ohio member wants to join trip to Gillette
I'd like to join up on the ride to Wyoming, but I want to take the blue highways, and keep the day's ride to a max of about 450 miles. I:type :type :type ride a F650 GS and more than that is pretty uncomfortable. Detours for special rides would be ok. I figured Gillette is about 1,200 miles from Medina, Ohio, and would do the trip in 2 1/2 days. I'll be camping.