What electronic gadgets are on your bike?
Over in the Club Forum, there is a thread about interesting encounters people have had - the crux being loud pipes. BMWRich58 pointed out that BMW Riders don't change pipes, they add electronics. So what have you added to yours?
Garmic[list=1][*]Garmin GPS V on a RAM Mount, connected to a custom installed dash accesory socket[*]Hyperlights on the rear for visibility[*]CD Player Power Supply from the "Radio" area[*]Hopefully soon an AutoCom system[/list=1]
BMW R1150RTP (autobahnpolizei)
On the latest bike that I am building which is a replica of the German Autobahn polizei bike it will have the following electronics:
1. Sony CDX-MP70 (radio, CD, MP3 capable)
2. Sony Marine remote (for radio, etc.)
3. Delphi XM SkyFi (satellite radio)
4. Nokia waterproof GSM phone (5100)
5. Yaesu VX7R (waterproof scanner, ham radio)
6. Valentine V1 (remote mounted, waterproof)
7. Valentine V1 (hidden display and audio)
8. Garmin mount for either GPS V or GPS III+
9. Code 3 Police LEDs w/power supply (qty 4)
10. Whelen PAR36E (emergency strobes)
11. Baehr Ultima XL - communication system
12. Uniden BCT-12 police scanner
13. Apple iPod (waterproof mounted)
14. CO-220 rear telescopic strobe w/light
15. Hella HID driving and fog lights (one ea.)
16. electronically monitored tire pressure
17. run-n-lites (manually controllable w/switch)
18. headlight flasher (man. control switch)
That's it for now. I might eventually have a front/rear Stalker VG2 radar gun and/or one or two other things but that's it for now.
As for my other bikes they're fairly plain except for the F650's which all have either the Touratech IMO-100Rs or the IMO50Rs and motorized roadbooks.
David H. Park
Re: BMW R1150RTP (autobahnpolizei)
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by davidhpark [/i]
On the latest bike that I am building which is a replica of the German Autobahn polizei bike it will have...
David H. Park
You forgot the keg of beer. All German Autobahn polizei bikes recently got this option.:bliss
They're a happier bunch and not handing out as many slow driving tickets.