PDA

View Full Version : New K LT

11-10-2009, 03:34 AM
A friend says he has seen a picture of a new 6 cylindar K LT. He hasn't forwarded the picture to me - yet. Has anyone else seen the picture?

milo
11-10-2009, 04:38 AM
Some time ago I saw a picture of what was rumored to be a new LT featuring a transverse 6 cyl, engine. But this goes against BMW's trend toward light weight. Also it may require a totally new chassis and drivetrain. Considering the current business climate and since the LT is basically a US only unit, I don't see BMW doing this. There is *plenty* of power in the 4 cyl. K1300 power plant for a new K1300LT. This is just my opinion of course.

PGlaves
11-10-2009, 04:39 AM
A friend says he has seen a picture of a new 6 cylindar K LT. He hasn't forwarded the picture to me - yet. Has anyone else seen the picture?

So far I've seen purported pictures of a transverse 6 like a wedge K bike with 2 extra cylinders, a Boxer 4 as was rumored before the first Gold Wing beat them to the punch copying Subaru, and a V 6.

If I were to guess, I'd say the transverse 6 is the most likely scenario because it can use the design and development that went into the new K1200/K1300 bikes.

PAULBACH
11-10-2009, 12:52 PM
A couple of years ago there was focus group that met and made suggestions to BMW engineers about a new "K" bike. The group met in Brunswick, NY and lively discussion of changes and the "need" for such changes were discussed.

statdawg
11-10-2009, 03:39 PM
A couple of years ago there was focus group that met and made suggestions to BMW engineers about a new "K" bike. The group met in Brunswick, NY and lively discussion of changes and the "need" for such changes were discussed.

PaulB, maybe it was a conferance call and there were no minutes or photos.

:hide

marcopolo
11-10-2009, 06:04 PM
Check out this thread for the full story (and stunning pictures) from the BMW press kit for the Concept 6.

http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40937

mosrrt
11-12-2009, 07:45 PM
Paul is right . I was at that meeting. The only thing that they { BMW} told us was that they were not going to build a Goldwing like KLT ! :clap

PGlaves
11-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Paul is right . I was at that meeting. The only thing that they { BMW} told us was that they were not going to build a Goldwing like KLT ! :clap

Of course. They will not be seen as tweedledee and tweedledum, and most certainly not as tweedledumber.