PDA

View Full Version : Gustafsson plastics inc

k75bmw57
09-15-2009, 11:27 PM
has an one purchased any thing form Gustafsson Plastics ?
I purchased a wind screen for my k75 with a pichler uni 4 fairing and some 3/16 trim the wind screen was nice but the trim was the wrong thing .purchased on 3/24/09 returned the trim a week later after calling them they said they would wave the restock fee.3 months later no refund to my credit card called them again they said it was an over site and would do the credit. called them last week and the owner got irate with me and sad he was sending the trim back to me because that is what i ordered sill have not got the trim these guys make a good product but don't try to return any thing.has any one else had this problem ?
Maybe if every one would e-mail these guys and tell them that this is not the way to do business with the biker community maybe they will get the message.
there e-mail address is
www.sales@bikescreen.com

86 k75c 150,000 + miles & sill strong
02 k1200rs 53,000 miles & fast
97 f650st 22,000 miles & thumpin
So many roads so little time
I need a vacation day !!!
( Week or a Month )

k75bmw57
09-28-2009, 09:58 PM
I have yet to receave the trim back from these guys I will have to make another call.:banghead

LOSTBOY
09-29-2009, 01:18 AM
Gustaffson has always been a pain. I don't understand his behavior; does he have so much business that he can afford to blow off customers?

lkchris
09-29-2009, 02:18 PM
He's the guy that won't prepunch holes, right?

Hard to understand how he has any customers given that.

k75bmw57
09-30-2009, 07:43 PM
yes he dosn't put the holes in but ok with me on old pichler uni 4 fairings its better than having the holes not line up.

Thanks
Dave

86 k75c 150,000 + miles & sill strong
02 k1200rs 53,000 miles & fast
97 f650st 22,000 miles & thumpin
So many roads so little time
I need a vacation day !!!
( Week or a Month )

warredon
10-01-2009, 02:06 AM
I dealt with them once, about two years ago. I ordered a tall shield for my K1, what he sent was the standard size. I emailed them informing them of the error and asked how I should proceed. I sent the wrong one back with a note. I think I waited about a week or two before phoning them inquiring about the status. While I had him on the phone I could hear a lot of background noise. I could hear machinery and people shouting over the background noise. It sounded like they were really busy. He said it would go out within the next day or two.

It arrived in a few days and fit fairly well, not as well as the OEM but OK. I was disappointed for two reasons. 1) It is really thin, the next thicker size should have been used. 2) It appears to be acrylic while most screens made today (including helmet faceshields) are polycarbonate (Lexan). In a previous life I molded plastics for fifteen years, including a lot of acrylic and polycarbonate types. So I understand that in most motorcycle windscreen applications it would be easier to mold acrylic. But once molded, you don't need to treat the polycarbonate as an egg shell when cutting or drilling. There is no comparison in impact resistance.

k75bmw57
10-02-2009, 02:03 PM
just call them again today they said they sent it off and they would track it and give me a call back in 15 minuts that was about an hour ago these guys are something else.:banghead

k75bmw57
10-05-2009, 07:20 PM
just call them back again they said they have the tracking # but it dosn't show that the trim was delivered so he said he would send me a check we'll see:banghead

Dave

Roninfla1
10-09-2009, 12:14 PM
I also had some problems..I ordered a Super G for my Kaw ZZR1200 but by mistake ordered the wrong one. When I tried to exchange it for the correct one..no deal. They said if they get a request for my mis ordered one they would buy it back. And of course correspondence ceased??

535IS
10-09-2009, 01:43 PM
I also had some problems..I ordered a Super G for my Kaw ZZR1200 but by mistake ordered the wrong one. When I tried to exchange it for the correct one..no deal. They said if they get a request for my mis ordered one they would buy it back. And of course correspondence ceased??

:eek How can an operation like that still be in business? I consider myself fairly warned. Thanks, guys.

(If you need a nice old Airhead RS windshield, consider Clearview. I'm delighted with mine - and it was a 'second'. I dare you to find the flaw. :thumb)

kstoo
10-10-2009, 10:24 PM
:eek How can an operation like that still be in business? I consider myself fairly warned. Thanks, guys.

(If you need a nice old Airhead RS windshield, consider Clearview. I'm delighted with mine - and it was a 'second'. I dare you to find the flaw. :thumb)

++1

I had the exact same experience with Clearview. Bought a 'second' R100RS windshield but it is flawless. The bugs seem to like it a lot.

toddlamp
01-03-2010, 04:43 AM
I just sent in an order to Gustafsson for a K75C +6 windscreen. THEN I saw this thread, haha. Oh well, fingers are crossed. I couldn't find another place selling K75C touring windscreens so I felt like this was my only option.

SPLINELUBE
01-03-2010, 03:36 PM
Be careful with this company as regards to believing his shipping dates. His primary business is now Jap sport bikes and boats - he is in Florida.Beemer screens are almost an afterthought in his business. I believe he is getting up in years , maybe now has soneone in the business besides his daughter. Will not bore you with my experiences with him but they are not good at all and this is over a number of years not simply one purchase order. If you place a large order of a dozen or so he would probably be more efficient but a single order is almost always VERY delayed.

toddlamp
01-03-2010, 05:55 PM
Be careful with this company as regards to believing his shipping dates. His primary business is now Jap sport bikes and boats - he is in Florida.Beemer screens are almost an afterthought in his business. I believe he is getting up in years , maybe now has soneone in the business besides his daughter. Will not bore you with my experiences with him but they are not good at all and this is over a number of years not simply one purchase order. If you place a large order of a dozen or so he would probably be more efficient but a single order is almost always VERY delayed.

hmmmm... thanks. I hope I don't run into any issues.

dwestly
01-07-2010, 01:47 PM
Thanks for this thread. I'm about to order a new R90S windscreen, but after reading this I'll go to Clearview for it...

toddlamp
01-07-2010, 03:05 PM
Hmmm... well I have been trying to call Gustafsson's and it sounds like someone picks up but then nothing.

Does anyone know of another shop that has K75c windscreens? When I searched I only found Gustafsson.

presto3
01-07-2010, 06:04 PM
Worst damn guy I ever delt with. Lies, makes unkept promises. Would not answer phone or e-mails.

Never again

toddlamp
01-08-2010, 01:22 AM
Ugh. More discouraging reviews.

Where do I get a windscreen for my K75c from??

k75bmw57
01-11-2010, 06:09 PM
:bangheadI give up I have not got the trim or a refund all I can say is *%#$*&@ this guy I'll never buy anthing from them again!!!!

Dave

toddlamp
01-11-2010, 06:24 PM
I just gave a call to them and actually got an answer. I was told that the cold weather is affecting manufacturing of the parts. Once it warms up they'll get them done in a day or two.

Seemed like a nice guy (didn't catch his name) and was willing to explain what was going on.

Dave: try giving them a call today. They might be able to answer the phone since it sounds like production has stopped for the time being.

Todd

k75bmw57
01-11-2010, 08:20 PM
I would but I have talked to them on the phone till Im :cry blue in the face and get the same answer all the time its an over site on our part we will mail you the trim or we will refund our credit card after about 10 mounths its getting old and I'm just going to right it off as a bad vendor anbd let ever one know what this guy is like as I said as far as I'm conserned this guy can go *#$#* him self I'm out $24 lesson lerned.I'm done with this company :banghead...nothing like pissing off a customer!!! over $24

Dave

deilenberger
01-12-2010, 03:11 AM
Dave,

It's too late now - but next time do a charge-back with your credit card company. That will get you the $$$ back, and give them all sorts of crappy paperwork to fill out.

k75bmw57
01-12-2010, 02:07 PM
thanks I will remember that but don't have to worry about it wih Gustafsson I will never buy from them again....

Thanks
Dave

toddlamp
01-12-2010, 10:42 PM
thanks I will remember that but don't have to worry about it wih Gustafsson I will never buy from them again....

Thanks
Dave

Doh, sorry. I completely overlooked the dates.

toddlamp
01-22-2010, 09:34 PM
To my pleasant surprise I just received a UPS tracking number via email for my Gustafsson wind screen :dance

toddlamp
01-27-2010, 01:28 AM
The screen was delivered today and preliminary inspection of it looks great! It is a good three inches taller than my stock K75c's Laminar Lip. It's very clear and other than the slightly off-centered Gustafsson logo it's seems like a great piece. They even give a 4"x4" test piece to practice drilling.

presto3
01-27-2010, 08:30 PM
Gustafsson

One of the worst bussineses I have ever delt with. Owner lies, does not answer the phone, respond to e-mailes (In one e-mail I asked why he never responds to e-mails , his response was "I just did" nothing more.)

RECOMMEND NOT TO DO BUSINESS WITH HIM

presto3
01-27-2010, 08:46 PM
I had nothing but a bad experience with Gustifsson. Who ever the guy is:
Lies, won't answer the phone or e-mails.

told me on three occasions it will be shlipped on Friday. Tok over 3 months to get.

WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH HIM AGAIN.

toddlamp
01-27-2010, 09:05 PM
How long ago was that? I wonder if something has changed.

I placed my order on Jan2 and the screen was delivered yesterday. I called them 3 times. The phone was answered once and the guy on the other end explained that because of the cold weather in Florida production had to stop. Shortly after that I received a tracking # via email, shortly after that it was delivered.

jforgo
01-30-2010, 08:17 PM
Amazing lack of service overall! They are hardly alone.
This sort of management has a whole lot to do with why so little is made in USA anymore.

toddlamp
01-30-2010, 10:34 PM
Well I have to say that I feel pretty damn lucky that I got my windscreen and in about 3 weeks of ordering

gertiektn
02-11-2010, 02:34 AM
I have a Krauser VK 1 Fairing with a damage windshield. So I was looking for someone that could provide me with a replacement.
I contacted these guys and with a heavy German accent, "He said send me the damaged one and I will make you a new one."

Here is the web site:

http://www.motorradverkleidungsscheiben.de/Motorcycle_Wix.htm

He said about $150 to do the job. So I sent it off. I am a trusting kind of guy.

So far the communications are smooth... I will let you know how this works out.

jrd, Ketchikan, AK:bikes

toddlamp
02-11-2010, 04:25 AM
Goodluck.

I test fit mine tonight and it's a so-so match. It's my first aftermarket windscreen so i'm not sure what to compare it to. It is very clear though.

k75bmw57
02-11-2010, 10:34 PM
this is not gustafsson you are working with F-1 they are probably better to work with .It would be hard to find some one as bad as Gustafsson's to work with

good luck
Dave:bikes