PDA

View Full Version : crashbars

BordenBmw
06-04-2009, 03:22 PM
IÔÇÖm looking for a set of crashbars for me 2005 R1200ST. The only company that used to make them was SW-MOTECH but they no longer carry them. So IÔÇÖve been looking around the web to see if any of the ones from the GS, RT and R would fit. Some seem like they would fit but if you read the installation manual on there website they all use 2 bolts below the cylinder heads and 1 bolt above the cylinders. When I look at me engine, I see the 2 lower bolts location on both side ( 1 engine mount and 1 threaded hole) but only 1 upper bolt located on the right side of the engine. Can any crashbars for the other Hexhead fit on my bike or is the ST different and this is why I need to buy a specific crashbars for the ST, thanks

hexst
06-04-2009, 03:37 PM
I have a set for the ST I had bought them then found they wouldn't fit with a full Remus system which I had. I just got rid of the ST (for an 800GS) and have a few farkles for the ST still at home. Let me know if you are interested.

Semper_Fi
06-04-2009, 03:39 PM
Try wunderlich

Here is the link to their catalog - you should be able to find the bars there

http://www.motohansa.com.au/docs/wl/09/R_1200_ST_ENG.pdf

BordenBmw
06-04-2009, 03:57 PM
HexSt, Check you private messsage box, thanks

mneblett
06-04-2009, 07:24 PM
Some seem like they would fit but if you read the installation manual on there website they all use 2 bolts below the cylinder heads and 1 bolt above the cylinders. When I look at me engine, I see the 2 lower bolts location on both side ( 1 engine mount and 1 threaded hole) but only 1 upper bolt located on the right side of the engine. I just installed a set of Wunderlich's on my RT last night -- the upper holes are in the RT fairing support brackets that bolt to the front of the motor; I assume that the ST doesn't have these brackets, so no go for mounting an RT set on your ST.

HTH.

BordenBmw
06-08-2009, 07:21 PM
I carefully looked at some GS pictures in the Haynes Service and Repair Manual, and on the GS it also have extra brackets, 1 per side attach to the top front engine mount going to the front subframe/fairing. I do not have those on the ST, just the top engine mount attach to the front subframe, so the ST crashbars kit much have extra brakets in it.