PDA

View Full Version : Low/Sport windscreen 1200 RT

RSPENNACHIO
06-01-2009, 04:00 PM
I am looking for a "lower than stock" winscreen. In the summer time I need more air!! I am 5.8" tall and wear ATGATT.

I have seen pictures of the wunderlich sportscreen (1st choice). I really like the way it looks but it costs about $320.00 :cry.

The Cee Bailey Sumdome (2nd choice) and Sum Vee (3rd choice) cost about $150-$170 but I can't really tell how good they look from the web site images.

If you have either of these or another brand for a 1200 RT, would you provide your comments and pictures if you have them please?

Thank you.

akbeemer
06-01-2009, 05:21 PM
You could cut down the stock screen to the exact height you want and replace it with the aftermarket screen of your dreams.

RSPENNACHIO
06-01-2009, 08:33 PM
Beemerboneyard has a stock one for $125.00 but I think that is too expensive for my project. If I could find one for $65-$70 I'd make a deal and cut it down. In the highly unlikely event that I screwed it up I wouldn't be out too much. But $125 is darn close to the price of a Cee Bailey... The problem continues.:scratch

I really want to keep my full sized screen because it is good for the cold months.

Thanks for the idea AKB