PDA

View Full Version : wiring harness for 1200gsa

mbocean
05-26-2009, 02:52 PM
Does anyone have any advice regarding installing a centech wiring harness under the gas tank for my gsa. Is this a difficult installation? Should I pay the dealer 2 hours for labor to have it done? I have a few days off. Thinking this may be a good project. Advice?

deilenberger
05-26-2009, 02:59 PM
Can't give advice without more info..

Have you done electrical projects before?
If so - has the smoke come out or did they work right out of the box?
What are your goals - "Centech" is a fuse box - what are you trying to accomplish?

Semper_Fi
05-26-2009, 05:55 PM
My wife has a 1200 ST with very limited room under seat, so i mounted her Centech on the Bowden Cable box cover.

Out of the way and very easy to do - pull the tank and you have full access.

Due it its position I did label the wires.

If you are mounting the harness whcih contains the relay to bring power to the Centech panel you can mount that on the frame by the rear shock - the provided cables are long enough.

As Don stated what is your intended goal?

mbocean
05-27-2009, 02:43 AM
I have a centech 2 fuse box. In addition, I purchased a centech wiring harness. The purpose was to place the fuse box underneath the seat, and run the harness under the gas tank to the front of my bilke. I wanted to add a gps, and outlet for my ipod.

podsobinski
05-27-2009, 11:39 AM
I have a GSA and just put a FuzeBlock under my seat where the toolkit was. Straight forward and pretty good instructions. Power from the battery and switch for ignition from that worthless auxillary plug right below tool box tray. I attached the FuzeBlock preminantly to the tool tray and still had room for my AutoCom. Everything works fine and turns off in 30 seconds or so after ignition is shut off.

gpodzo

mbocean
05-27-2009, 12:47 PM
Just an fyi- the Centech relay harness is part # ap-130r. It can be purchased through numerous sites. It is a four wire system that can be attached to the centech ap-2 FUSE panel.

cjack
05-27-2009, 01:09 PM
I have just used the battery hookup for the Gerbing. It has an inline fuse near where it is connected to the battery, and a female coax connector to plug anything in. I use it for charging the battery, running the Gerbing liner, etc. or anything else that I may want power for. Also I carry a two into one coax adapter for when I might need two hookups. Just a wire sticking out from under the bodywork at the front of the tankbag on our K12Ses. On my wife's R12GS, the wire comes out at the rear of the tankbag near the battery and is casually secured to the bag.
I prefer simple.