PDA

View Full Version : OEM Lower Seat Replacement

survey
05-19-2009, 03:05 AM
I am the new owner of a used 2008 R1200RT in Barritz Blue with 14K miles and almost all the options including ESA. This is my first street bike after riding dirt bikes and ATV's for 25 years. I have done alot of research and wanted to buy the best road/sport touring bike I could and I finally found one for sale in my area.
My issue is that this bike came from the factory with the lowered seat option. I am 6-2 with 34" in seam and the lower seat seems alittle low to me. Can I replace the seat with a factory standard height seat? The current seat is heated.

I look forward to your responses and being a part of this fraternity.

ArthurKnowles
05-19-2009, 03:12 AM
Yes. I bought mine with a lowered seat and replaced it with a standard seat. Cost is $289 + tax at your local dealer. Used ones are available from time to time as well.

Hope this helps...

5thgen
05-19-2009, 03:36 AM
What part of the world are you in? Maybe we could make a trade. PM me if interested.

deilenberger
05-19-2009, 01:35 PM
A great tool to use in situations like this is the "FleaMarket" - post a WTT (Want to Trade) ad looking for someone who has a tall seat and wants a low one. There is usually someone out there who needs exactly what you have, and has exactly what you need. Cost then breaks down to shipping..

survey
05-20-2009, 01:38 AM
Thanks for your replies! I am located in Bradenton, Florida if anyone needs a low seat, let me know!

Thanks again!