PDA

View Full Version : remus full system r1200rt

gar596
04-10-2009, 10:11 PM
I am considering a full Remus exhaust and would like to hear the pros and cons from someone that has one mounted. Noise , power , looks over time, fit finish ....installation etc... riding impressions effects on MPG and any thing else you can think of............gar

PS had one on a r1150r with a chip ....worked well

04-10-2009, 11:13 PM
Hey, Gar, I had full system Remus on my 2005 R1200RT. No chip needed. Great sound, very light and performance was enhanced. Just sold bike but had Remus removed. If interested, let me know. JK

gar596
04-11-2009, 12:35 AM
I am interested how do we get in touch

grasslander
04-12-2009, 12:15 PM
I am considering a full Remus exhaust and would like to hear the pros and cons from someone that has one mounted. Noise , power , looks over time, fit finish ....installation etc... riding impressions effects on MPG and any thing else you can think of............gar

PS had one on a r1150r with a chip ....worked well

I can recommend it. No change in MPG unless maybe you add a chip - here is about all I know about this subject:

http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=145121#Post145121

fish
06-04-2012, 06:34 PM
So. Here I am, standing in my garage, on an unseasonably cool and rainy and dogstank Monday, looking at my beloved '05 RT, took the case off and this ginormous shiny chrome can stared me in the face. Gleaming...through thousands of miles of road spooge. Might have been screaming, I'm not so sure. :whistle

So I go over and lift the skirt on my beloved '00 GS, and staring back at me through thousands of miles of road and offroad spooge, is a titanium full remus system, with stainless collector. It's loud, obnoxious, looks cool, is lighter, is lower to allow a full left case, and it was spendy and leaks a little sometimes. Gotta keep putting orange goo in it and torquing the nuts every year at least.

Should I put a light slip-on on my RT? That chrome sure looks good. Do I care about weight? not really. Fricken thing handles like a dream with the Ohlins dialed in and is plenty fast even with a full load. So do I really want to do this? Do I really want to hear an exhaust note all day long? Or make others hear it? Feh. Stock pipes work and look best. Unless you go all the way. All the way is spendy and you MIGHT gain 5hp.

Nah. I'm keeping the stock chrome silencer. At least this year. ;) :brow

hey y'all! :wave

fish

malibux3
06-05-2012, 05:08 PM
On my 06 RT I installed a full Stainless Ztecknik system with a polished can, no chip. I modified the db killer for more flow and tone. It is a musical note now. gained a couple mpg during cruz but if you want to listen to it more mpg will drop to 50-51. As far as color when the system was new it turned that goldish brown fairly fast, I spent about an hour hitting it with 0000 stele wool and it has stayed a nice silver color for over a year now. I have removed it a couple of times for service and what not, it never leaks, spits, or drools. They don't make Ztecknik exhaust any more, but I would not hesitate to buy a Remus if you plan on keeping the bike for many miles.