PDA

View Full Version : New Ride 2009 R1200RT

JT_R1200RT
04-07-2009, 04:28 AM
This is just one nice Bike, this thing drives like a dream. :dance :dance :dance

JT

R80RTJohnny
04-07-2009, 10:06 AM
Nice bike and congrats. Enjoy the ride!

BTW it only gets better with each and every mile.

empeg9000
04-07-2009, 10:59 AM
They didn't have the black or charcoal when I got mine in 2007 or I would have gotten it. I know you will enjoy the bike. Happy riding! :german

LoneRanger
04-07-2009, 11:25 AM
JT - that black is just beautiful. Enjoy your new ride and welcome to the BMW world of motorcycle riding.

stkmkt1
04-07-2009, 11:31 AM
Congrats on your new bike and welcome to the Forum.

wezul
04-07-2009, 11:47 AM
This is just one nice Bike, this thing drives like a dream. :dance :dance :dance

JT

You think it rides good now? Wait until it's broken in.
6K service and I thought "wow, now she's loosening up".
Now a little after 9K and it's better yet.
My faithful steed, I love my RT!
Congratulations.

dancogan
04-07-2009, 12:29 PM

JT

If you think you like it now wait until you've put 10 or 20,000 miles on it! Wow, it gets even better. :dance

texanrt
04-07-2009, 12:38 PM

JT

That's a great color, too. You're going enjoy it. Welcome and Congrats. :thumb

RSPENNACHIO
04-07-2009, 12:55 PM
JT- Your dealer will fill the "new bike smell" reservoir at 600 and at each 6000 miles there after. I know this is true because mine gets smoother and faster each time they touch it.
This is one secret that not all Beemer riders know but as a fellow RT rider I feel you must know (Its like a secret hand shake):whistle .

Last year I bought mine a set of modulating brake lights. This years present will be a GPS.

With a Bike that nice you may need an intervention if you aren't careful. Just check in to this site once and a while and we'll help you stay grounded.

HaroldRT09
04-07-2009, 10:24 PM
Well, I'm happy and proud to say that I am also the proud new owner of a R 1200 RT 2009 model. I traded in my Harley and haven't turned back since. My Beemer is not quite two weeks old and I've put 1150 miles on it...great miles. I run hope each day after work, take off my police officer's uniform, and then jump on my bike. My wife asks where am I going, and my answer is simple: Wherever the road takes me. I'll be traveling across country in late July to Petaluma, CA for Coast Guard Reserve school (two weeks). And by the way, this bike handles incredibly well, e.g., the bike carves turns effortlessly and acceleration is strong, smooth, and very quick. Aside from the handling, I changed the oil recently (600 miles check up), and really enjoyed the ease with which everything flowed, no pun intended. I'm looking forward to many, many years of enjoyment riding throughout the lower 48, as well as Canada. "What an awesome bike!":dance
P.S. I haven't put on more miles due commitments at work...they keep me busy.

TALLPAULS
04-09-2009, 04:36 AM

JT

Congratulations on the new RT! Looks Great! :beer

mosrrt
04-09-2009, 06:16 PM
Looks great . My 05 looks just like that , same color combo. The more you ride it the better it gets and you will find out this is a great all round bike .:dance
Mike

Semper_Fi
04-09-2009, 08:18 PM
Well, I'm happy and proud to say that I am also the proud new owner of a R 1200 RT 2009 model. I traded in my Harley and haven't turned back since. My Beemer is not quite two weeks old and I've put 1150 miles on it...great miles. I run hope each day after work, take off my police officer's uniform, and then jump on my bike. My wife asks where am I going, and my answer is simple: Wherever the road takes me. I'll be traveling across country in late July to Petaluma, CA for Coast Guard Reserve school (two weeks). And by the way, this bike handles incredibly well, e.g., the bike carves turns effortlessly and acceleration is strong, smooth, and very quick. Aside from the handling, I changed the oil recently (600 miles check up), and really enjoyed the ease with which everything flowed, no pun intended. I'm looking forward to many, many years of enjoyment riding throughout the lower 48, as well as Canada. "What an awesome bike!":dance
P.S. I haven't put on more miles due commitments at work...they keep me busy.

Nice bike - love the color.

As has been said - the more you ride it the more you like it

04-09-2009, 10:25 PM
I have ae 08 in the blue, it's incredible to say the least. It's the first motorcycle I've owned, just started riding last year. Mine's in for the 6K service and everyone says to wait and see how it runs after I get it back. I can't imagine how much better it can run, it was fine before taking it in.

Who says a mid-life crisis is all in your head???????

granged
04-10-2009, 03:02 AM
Just picked up a new sapphire black R1200RT today at Budd's in Ontario, Canada. Have been riding an R1150R since 2001. It has run like a swiss watch since new and expect the same from the RT.
Don G

bogthebasher
04-12-2009, 04:28 AM
I'd never give my Blue one up now, but if the Black would have been available last year it would have made my colour choice pretty hard. Congrats on the choice. Enjoy.