PDA

View Full Version : R1200RT Low Suspension

dmead
04-05-2009, 10:01 PM
I would like to hear some riders' comments on their experience with the R12RT with the factory low suspension. How are the ergonomics and comfort in general? How is the seat for rider and passenger? How is low speed handling? Any ownership regrets? Thanks.

roncooper
04-05-2009, 10:32 PM
You might get more responses in the hexhead area.

darrylri
04-06-2009, 06:30 PM
I have moved this thread to Hexheads.

(For those who notice postings that could be better positioned in the forum, please click on the blue exclamation point over on the lower left corner of the posting and tell the mods about it. We'll move it to the right place. Thanks to lkchris who pointed this posting to me.)

dmead
04-07-2009, 12:34 AM
Thanks, guys, for the heads up.

beemergirl
04-07-2009, 01:29 AM
I have an '09 RT with low suspension. Comfy....but depends on what you are comparing it to I guess. Also have an '07 F650GS and the seat on that was unbearable after 1 hour. Switched to a Corbin seat lickity split.

I have about 1400 miles on the RT (have had it less than a month) and I find it very comfortable. The seat is not a problem after 500 miles days, my knees are fine. The only thing I'm even considering doing is getting bar risers. On the highway I don't have an issue but around town my shoulders/neck aren't happy.

I think the ergos are very individual.....but for me at 5'5" and a tippy toe on it....I'm good. Easy to handle....very agile, etc.

Nancy