PDA

View Full Version : After maarket brake/tail lights.

moshaffer
03-31-2009, 11:28 PM
Have any of you succesfully mounted brake/tail lights with some type of quick electric disconect on your top case on a 1200RT and if so what did it entail? I would appreciate any information you can supply.

hlothery
04-01-2009, 01:39 PM
I have not done so, but I could. I have a trailer, and have installed the plug in Canbus helper from Bushtec. My trailer lights work perfectly, and do not trigger a Canbus warning. I could safely tap into the brake light circuit after the Canbus helper to add additional brake lights, and still be isolated from triggering the Canbus. The helper was about $25, and just plugs right into the RT brake light plugs. Give Samuel at Bushtec a call, he can tell you more. bushtec.com

moshaffer
04-01-2009, 02:45 PM
Hi Hugh,
Many thanks for the info I am following up on that.

GSA Girl
04-21-2010, 07:22 PM
I want to add an ADDMORE Light Kit to my Givi E55 top box. I'm not sure how to interface with the Canbus System. All help is appreciated.

05-05-2010, 05:06 AM
I have added the light kit to my e52 top case on my can bus BMW . It comes with a wire harness and directions, you will connect 4 wires for tail,brake, and L&R turns to the corresponding wires going to your tail light/signals assembly under your seat. I opened up the tape wrapping the wire harness and used supplied Posi-lock connectors to tap into exiting lines. No can bus issues from LEDs and the posi locks are removable without leaving any damage. The wire harness then connects to the top case via a removable connector supplied, requires a drilled hole. Works great. Questions?