PDA

View Full Version : Where Wunderlich crash bars

bmwrebel
03-23-2009, 01:44 AM
Anyone know where in the states I can get a set of Wunderlich crash bars for a R1200R. :dunno I found them on line in the UK and OZ, but not here. Thank you.

jasontdi
03-23-2009, 02:13 AM
Anyone know where in the states I can get a set of Wunderlich crash bars for a R1200R. :dunno I found them on line in the UK and OZ, but not here. Thank you.

http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/index.html

ordered from them a bunch of times.

Rpbump
03-23-2009, 03:13 AM
Try BMW of Santa Cruz, CA. I have a Wunderlich crash/engine protection bar on my CLC. It is well made and looks good on the bike. A set of the pannier protection bars is high on my list of future purchases. Ride Safe :usa :usa

akbeemer
03-23-2009, 04:06 AM
In my experience BMW Santa Cruz does not list every Wunderlich item they sell online. More than once in the past I was able to find the Wunderlich part number through another source and then do a search for it on the SC site...and eureka!!! the part comes up.

TGA57589
03-24-2009, 04:38 PM
Wunderlich are on my '07 RT and they were easy to install along with being a really nice addition. I bought mine from online from a BMW dealer on the west coast but it seems they are now sold form the Wunderlich USA distributor only. My local BMW shop didn't want to get them for me since they couldn't make much $$ on the sale so I go them myself and I'm glad I did.

TourNut
03-26-2009, 12:47 AM
I bought mine for a 1200RT A&S BMW Motorcycles 800-689-9893

ojhengen
03-26-2009, 06:27 PM
I had a set of Wunderlich bars on my bike, a 2007RT, but after I damaged them, I replaced them with bars that I purchased from Touratech. The Touratech bars provide a bit more stand-off distance from the cyclinders than the Wunderlich bars do, and personally, I think they are better. Either one, though, is better than none. I can vouch for that from experience. Here is a link to a description of the Touratech bars:

http://www.touratech-usa.com/shop/show.lasso?sku=047-0102&-session=touratech:93D9FDF507f611B535mHO2CD23FD

The reason I changed bars is because the mount on the right front frame, where the bar bolts to, broke off during a fall. Fortunately, my insurance (Dairyland) paid for the whole thing - frame, new crash bars, labor, etc. This was my second case with them (the last on a Harley on '99), and both times they provided coverage beyond what I had hoped for, with no increase in my insurance payments.

Ride safe!

Orv