PDA

View Full Version : Rerouting turn signal wire

glenfiddich
03-22-2009, 12:32 AM
I need to take the wire out of my rear turn signals, reroute them aft of my Jesse bags, then rewire them. I figured the lens cover would come off, then I could pop the reflector out to expose the terminal. But my reading glasses are at work, and my nearest dealer is a long way off (and closed for a couple of days to boot). So while I got the reflector exposed, I'm hesitant to give it the old yank method.

How is the wire freed up?

TIA,
Pete

henzilla
03-22-2009, 01:02 AM
seems like my '07 had push on blade terminals, the brown ground is larger than the gray power leads. The wires go thru a grommet as they leave the stem.Working from memory here, sorry

glenfiddich
03-22-2009, 01:17 AM
Thanks, Steve.

Do you remember how to disassemble the turn signals so you can reach the wires?

henzilla
03-23-2009, 12:56 AM
sorry for the late reply...outdoors all day...

if you haven't already done it, remove lens with single screw in rear, there is a tab on fat end of lens cover,so pull from skinny end first or you can break that tab, also remove that tiny screw and set it in the lens before it finds the floor:whistle ... the reflector should pull away from housing with a small pry if there is enough slack in incoming wires and the connectors will be exposed on the rear. you can unscrew the bracket from the fender with that single torx bolt an feed the wires thru that assy.

glenfiddich
03-23-2009, 01:31 AM
Got it, thanks! Installation went smoothly and I love the look of those new Odyssey II bags on my GS!