PDA

View Full Version : R1200RT Saddlebag liners

TourNut
03-21-2009, 11:53 PM
Found a company named "Bestem Powersports USA" out of Tucker, Georgia , selling the RT saddlebag liners for $46.95 + S&H. on their picture, it looks like they zip together , once you take them out of the hard saddlebags, to carry into motel or whatever.
Has anybody had experience with these ?

empeg9000
03-22-2009, 02:52 AM
I don't but I just took delivery of a pair of Cee Baileys bag liners. They are very well built.

dmilan
03-22-2009, 12:33 PM
Found a company named "Bestem Powersports USA" out of Tucker, Georgia , selling the RT saddlebag liners for $46.95 + S&H. on their picture, it looks like they zip together , once you take them out of the hard saddlebags, to carry into motel or whatever.

Hello

I've had 3 sets of Bestems..
1 set for my departed '08 GT
1 set for my departed GS
And now..
I have a set for my '05RT

Yeah, I believe that they are like most any liner.
They are cut in such a way to fill the contours and capacity of any particular models side cases.
ya pack 'em, load 'em, carry 'em in, like a duffel shaped to your side case.

I like mine just fine. Fabric seems plenty tough, Zippers are quite beefy.:thumb $55-60 shipped.
And, I had returned one of 3 from my GS. The GS Bags are all the same exact size. Vario side and Vario Top case. I had thought that the top case liner was going to be unique for that case, when it turned out not to be, I returned it.
Appropriate partial credit was issued promptly... no problem.

DMilan

RandyW
03-22-2009, 03:38 PM
No experience with Bestem but I'm very happy with the Kathy's I bought for my GSA. Well made and I like the design of the top zipper that runs around the bag rather than just a zipper across the top. Makes it much easier to get into the liners if you don't want to remove them from the bags. They are more expensive but guaranteed for life. Only thing I would do different if ordering again is to get them in the lighter grey color rather than the black I have. The black can be a bit of a black hole if you are fishing around for something while the liners are in the bags.

Artiee
03-22-2009, 05:49 PM

I have a set of Kathy Bags for my RT and they work fine. They cost twice as much and the shoulder strap was extra. I wish the ones your asking about were available at the time because cost wise they are a much better deal.

As for zipping together, I looked at the picture and IMO that's only the zipper in the middle of a single bag, so you would carry two bags with you into the motel.

greenwald
03-22-2009, 06:04 PM
I have the BMW-brand liners for the saddlebags (OK...panniers) on my R1200RT, as they were a gift.

Very expensive......gee, just because it says 'BMW' - who knew?!

However, I have a Kathy's liner for my 49L trunk, and like that better.

The Kathy's bags can crush down if you dont need to use all of it; the BMW liners, while well-built, are rigid and less accomodating to creative packing.