PDA

View Full Version : Luggage Options

rooster67
03-20-2009, 06:15 PM
Has anyone tried the Touratech R1200RT Flat Tank Bag? Does it fit the stock baseplate?

All you campers, would you recommend a Touratech Luggage Rack Bag - 20 liters & a Pillion Seat Bag - 27 liters vs a Givi 46 liter Top Case. Roughly same price, same volume but what about functionality?

akbeemer
03-20-2009, 07:21 PM
I have the tank bag you mentioned as well as the optional replacement top for the map case. It is well built and uses a permanently installed strap on the front to which the bag attaches via two rotating buttons. The rear is attached with Velcro. It is small and has no external pockets; the stock map case is much larger than the bag and looks pretty goofy when attached; the optional top with multiple pockets is a functional addition and looks good but is not map capable. It must be completely removed to refuel; the removal process is moderately a pain in the posterior. I attached some external pockets to mine that I got from Wolfman. I ultimately decided to go with a BMW tank bag. If you want mine I'll sell it cheap... PM me if interested.