PDA

View Full Version : Way to reset the "service" warning

lfranklin
03-12-2009, 02:25 PM
Was wondering if anyone knew of a way to reset the "service" light from coming on. Had a 6K service done and apparently they overlooked resetting the
"service" signal. Dealer said they would reset it, but I don't know when I will be back in their area without making a special trip.

"Service" signal goes out after the bike is started and runs for a bit. Of course I can ignore it, but was just curious if their was an easy way the owner might reset this.

Not a real big deal and I was very pleased with the dealer service, it was timely and I thought reasonably priced.

Leon Franklin

darrylri
03-12-2009, 02:34 PM
The service light can only be reset by a dealer. Even the GS-911 (http://www.gs911usa.com) unit can't turn it off, though they say they are working on it.

Semper_Fi
03-12-2009, 03:26 PM
What Darryl said.

If there are closer dealers to you you may call ahead and see if they would take care of it for you.

It get's annoying after a while - damhik!

The_Veg
03-13-2009, 08:24 PM
This is one of the reasons why I'm glad to have a 2007 model and not a 2008. :nyah

leadfoot
03-13-2009, 08:33 PM
Make sure when you go back for the RESET, they put the mileage in that the service was performed, otherwise it will not remind you until 6K from the present mileage. I performed my service, then had a dealer perform a diagnostic check (for a fee), and they set the reminder from the mileage that I had done the service at.

Just a reminder in case they are in a hurry and do not ask!

henzilla
03-13-2009, 10:48 PM
This is one of the reasons why I'm glad to have a 2007 model and not a 2008. :nyah

My late build '07 had it...local dealer said one shop hour rate to reset...my '09 is at 12K and waiting on some other reason to go to shop.Never got the yellow warning triangle on as the manual said it would...yet!

Polarbear
03-13-2009, 11:46 PM
But, it does ot stay on long....No Yellow light at all, has been seen on mine, other than low gas warning. 30000 miles now and the service warning has been reset once, but my dealer in the early days, but I've left it be since. It,"service" comes on once in a great while(briefly), but goes out again all by itself.:thumb :usa

ricknut
03-22-2009, 09:55 PM
The service light can only be reset by a dealer. Even the GS-911 (http://www.gs911usa.com) unit can't turn it off, though they say they are working on it.

The new beta 903.9 software now supports reset the service light. Go out and buy one before he decides to raise the prices again. :thumb