PDA

View Full Version : Communication system for 1200 gs

FARZAD
02-08-2009, 06:13 PM
Hi. just got a Baehr communication system for my 2004 /1200gs . I am not a handy man around wiring the system. Can i keep the unit in my tank bag and plug it into my accesory socket? Or if i have to get the power for it from the bike where should i do that? I see some informatin online but its not clear for me is for more advanced person in wiring. Pictures would be great.
Cheers.
Farzad

podsobinski
02-12-2009, 05:13 PM
I waited a while and no one answered you so here goes. Yes, your gas tank bag would work fine in housing the unit. Just remember, if you take it off you might have to disconnect a few wires. The auxillary socket should be list as a certain amount of amps and your communication unit should list how many amps it draws. If your outlet is more than the draw, by all means use it. My 08 GSA is using an AutoCom hooked up to the battery with a relay splice on the power outlet to shut off with the key. I took out the tool kit and have plenty of room for the unit under the seat, seems to work great like that. Next step is a satellite radio and I will keep the MOA members informed on how that goes. Good luck.

gpodzo

RTST
02-12-2009, 08:34 PM
My wife and I are using the RKA In-Charge tank bags on our bikes, they work very well and with just a power lead you can move from bike to bike if you want. you can check them out at www.rka-luggage.com . Not affiliated in any way but their stuff works well and we have gotten great service from them whenever needed.
Larry

FARZAD
02-14-2009, 03:36 PM
Thanks you both for reply. i am going to install the helmet staf tonight and go out tomorow see how it works . Maybe I have to go to the dealer and ask to install a Centech on the bike.

podsobinski
02-14-2009, 04:08 PM
Yes, that is the way to go. In the long run you will probably need a fuse box. Sooner or later you want to add lights, heated gear, etc. Actually they are not hard to hook up. Positive and negative to your battery and a lead to a outlet that shuts off with your key and you are set. Most have good directions and even bike specific or a hot line/web site for help. Our dealer is $89 per hour and I will work on a lot of stuff on my bike because of that amount.

FARZAD
02-15-2009, 05:38 AM
I am worry if i make a mistake then will cost me more to fix it. did a lot of that in old days. i see on some website people say how to do it but still more of technical language for my English and its hard to get it to be honest with you . no one talk simple . that is my kind of problem and i think I have to pay for it.