PDA

View Full Version : bang your knee

R75rider
05-28-2004, 04:28 PM
So what do you seasoned k riders with long legs do to your K100 to get your knees off the fairing? Mine are constantly rubbing and I doubt I could take it on a long ride.

R75rider
05-30-2004, 03:36 AM
I ride a 87K100RT, I'm 6'2'' so my knees also hit the fairing edge. I have a Corbin gunfigher seat cut back 2'', which helps alot, but still does not totally solve the problem. I ride with my knees outside the fairing much of the time. There my not be a good solution this side of taking a hacksaw to it, which I have seen done.

Hacksaw? I was hopeing that someone knew of some peg repositioners or something to address the problem.

DonHamblin
05-30-2004, 01:18 PM
Randy,

Yep, the hacksaw does work (at least for me) but doesn't do a lot for the resale value in some cases (the "current owner" told me yesterday that he was considering "un-cutting" the fairing with new parts). Another thing I did was to take my Corbin seat and have it "re-cut" to move me back about two more inches. That made the most difference.

My next step was to get a "newer" '93 K LT.

Don

HODAG
05-30-2004, 05:13 PM
Had the same problem on my new LT ('93). I had a seat made that pushed me back a few inches. It makes a world of difference.
Mark

FRUBIO
06-01-2004, 03:48 PM
I have a 93 K1100LT.
I also had the seat rebuilt (Day Long) and adjusted back which helped. I also installed the hi-way pegs that go into the same recess as the top bolt of the roll bar/engine guards. As illustrated in Bob's BMW web site and they really helped by giving me a second and third position for the legs.
I would be interested in a way to esthetically miter the top and lower fairings "in" so as to not take away from the upper fairing "protection".
Am I making any sense?
Fernando