PDA

View Full Version : K75 Low Seat question

05-23-2004, 03:30 PM
I have a 87 K75c with a regular seat and I'm swapping this set up with a MOA member who has a 93 K75s low seat.

I'm confused as to where my computer will sit as he is asking for the "tool box" where the computer resides in.

Also, do I have to send the key latch which releases the seat?

Has anyone done this change over? Can anyone describe (in detail) what "swaps out"?

I'm totally confused....:dunno

dbrick
05-23-2004, 03:55 PM
I know only a little about this - I rode a K75S for nine years, and my wife had a K75/3 lowseat for several months.

But I do remember that the computer in the regular model lives under the seat (just above the battery), while the computer in a lowseat model lives in the storage compartment just above the taillight.

I can't answer your question about the lock. Both K seat locks can be left in a "locked" or "unlocked" position, but the lowseat lock has a plastic handle, while the regular does not. I don't know if the lock mechanism itself is different or not.

deilenberger
05-24-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by dbrick
I know only a little about this - I rode a K75S for nine years, and my wife had a K75/3 lowseat for several months.

But I do remember that the computer in the regular model lives under the seat (just above the battery), while the computer in a lowseat model lives in the storage compartment just above the taillight.

I can't answer your question about the lock. Both K seat locks can be left in a "locked" or "unlocked" position, but the lowseat lock has a plastic handle, while the regular does not. I don't know if the lock mechanism itself is different or not.

David - slight dis-remembery..

The low seat model still has the computer in the box over the battery - but the box is different - it doesn't have the storage area above it like the normal seat model does.

The computer in the tail is the ABS-1 computer.

Dunno on the seat latch - but the low seat model doesn't use the hinges or the normal latch - it has a seperate latch mechanism that hooks it from underneath.

Best,

kbasa
05-24-2004, 05:25 PM
Here's a PDF with a diagram of the low seat.

kbasa
05-24-2004, 05:26 PM
Here's a diagram of the standard seat.

dbrick
05-24-2004, 05:40 PM
Thanks, Don. You're quite right. I will crawl back into my hole now.

05-25-2004, 12:06 AM
Oh man....you are the best.

That diagram is exactly what I was looking for :clap :bliss

deilenberger
05-25-2004, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by gsmetal
Oh man....you are the best.

That diagram is exactly what I was looking for :clap :bliss

Just a FYI: The diagram is great, but it is missing a few items:

1. There is a rubber kneepad sorta thing that wraps around the back of the tank and forwards on both sides like kneepads do.

2. There is a plastic mount that is glued to the back of the tank for the forward nose of the seat.

3. The already mentioned computer mounting box - the low seat one is special.

You also do not use the battery sidecovers with the low-seat option.. the seat comes down into that area.

Ideally - you want to do a complete swap with someone who has the low seat.

Best,

deilenberger
05-26-2004, 04:51 PM
A bit more.. saw someone on the IBMWR marketplace who wants to swap a low seat for a standard seat..

His photos show some of the parts involved:

http://www.geocities.com/sccanoe/bikepage1.html