PDA

View Full Version : R1200rt Accessory Jack

The_Veg
10-26-2007, 10:16 PM
I found out last weekend that the jack on my GS won't run my compressor. I don't know the draw of the unit, but it's one of the de-housinged $15 units that are so popular.
Gonna be installing another jack on the bike or putting alligator clips on the compressor-cord soon.

henzilla
10-26-2007, 11:10 PM
I added the two pronged SAE-2 pin fused connector to the battery, it accepts double BMW outlets, a cig and BMW outlet, the Cyclepump leads,among other combos and I use the leads attached to the alligator clips to jump start friends. Also have outlets installed in tankbag that I plug in when using the bag. When not in use it stays capped under the GS seat, and the RT's tankrail. On the 1150,since the battery is hiding, it gives a easy way to tap power or trickle charge.
Have that lead sold as the Battery Tender battery side for about $9 with a 15 amp fuse on all the bikes now.also recently ran a long lead version to a Touratech handlebar bag to run GPS, phone charger when I do not use the larger tankbag... I'm wired! very versatile option!

http://batterytender.com/default.php?cPath=11_13&osCsid=bb912a20928e2531e8c59e4dad8ceccb