PDA

View Full Version : 1200gs sparkplugs

ULIHAMANN
09-29-2007, 11:42 PM
hi somewhere i ran across some info on a better plug to use. i put 33k on my 05 1200gs using stock plugs, so why rock the boat? Can't leave well enough alone If anyone has any info on dual vs single electrode etc Please feel free to enlighten. thanks uli

deilenberger
09-30-2007, 03:07 AM
hi somewhere i ran across some info on a better plug to use. i put 33k on my 05 1200gs using stock plugs, so why rock the boat? Can't leave well enough alone If anyone has any info on dual vs single electrode etc Please feel free to enlighten. thanks uliThere are always people who seem to think they have found a sparkplug that's better than what BMW recommends. In only rare cases is this true.. the questions I'd ask are:

Who made the claim is important

Why it's better is important (what is "better"?)

Long term results is important - does it work over the long term, does it cause any damage?

As far as dual vs single vs quad electrodes vs surface-gap - depends on the engine design and how the flame front initiates and travels inside the cylinder head. The BMW engineers usually have a reasonable idea of how the plug they selected works in the engine.