PDA

View Full Version : R1200R - Shifting from First to Second

FredRydr
09-18-2007, 03:48 AM
Does anyone else with the most recent transmission find a long throw for the shift lever between first and second (compared to other shifts, and compared to older transmissions)? After 7,000 miles, I find all too often that I never reached second before I am rolling on the throttle and engaging the clutch.

Fred

deilenberger
09-18-2007, 04:08 AM
Fred - it happens to me on occasion - but not that often.

darrylri
09-18-2007, 12:36 PM
Haven't noticed this on my '07 R12ST. I've got nearly 5k on it and can't recall this happening.

(Maybe it's because I finished getting my R51/3 on the road and put 1k on it. One must shift that bike with a very determined, positive foot.)

FredRydr
09-18-2007, 10:23 PM
Sh*t. I would have felt much better if they all do that. I guess I have no alternative but to concentrate on good technique, instead.

Fred

aschnaubelt
09-18-2007, 11:27 PM
Yes, I'm experiencing the same thing! I thought I was nuts. I've got an '07 RT with just over 7K on it. I didn't notice the shifting 'trouble' until after the 6k service. After that I started 'missing" the shift into second. Haven't noticed it in any of the other gears. It's a little annoying; now I just have to be careful to really make sure I fully shift up.

And now I have a reason to make my first post. Hmph.

Andy.

deilenberger
09-19-2007, 03:23 AM
Oh - one thing I did do - when the shifting felt a bit "different" - I oiled the linkage and the pivot points for the shift lever. There are several points that can be oiled.. that seemed to smooth shifts out for me again.