PDA

View Full Version : BMR Products Shelf

MLS2GO
09-13-2007, 03:56 AM
I am farkling up my new R 1200RT and am looking at the BMR Shelf. Is anyone using one? Do you like it? If you have the windshield all the way down can you use a Touratech Mount and a 276C? How about with a Ram Mount?Are there any holes predrilled in it or do you just drill your own. Any other help on this is appreciated.

Secondly how about the RCU Shelf. It looks like it would shake a lot. Opinion?

Thanks everyone!

henzilla
09-13-2007, 04:21 PM
Have the RCU on my 05 RT...have two ram balls( had to drill holes) for GPS/camera mount and a spot for my Barney warning device. The shelf is surprisingly stable and shields the intruments from the sun so I can see them better. it bolts to existing spots on cowling.

kbasa
09-13-2007, 05:36 PM
I'm 5' 11" and have a shelf that attaches to the dash with a couple little arms. RCU or BMR, I believe. It has cutouts on the shelf so I can see the dials, but the idiot lights across the top of the instrument cluster are obscured.

davemon
09-13-2007, 07:14 PM
Jebus Dave! You must be older than the spring chicken I thought you were as you're shrinking! You were 6' just the other day. :)

Dave :nyah

henzilla
09-14-2007, 12:29 PM
I'm 5' 11" and have a shelf that attaches to the dash with a couple little arms. RCU or BMR, I believe. It has cutouts on the shelf so I can see the dials, but the idiot lights across the top of the instrument cluster are obscured.

there are lights under there?:laugh :laugh :laugh

I'm 6'1" and shrinking, but due to my slouchy style I guess ,can see the display and idjit lights on mine