PDA

View Full Version : Driving lights for K100RS

dkandersen
02-20-2004, 05:55 AM
Anyone have any ideas of the best light/mount combo for K100RS aux driving lights?

deilenberger
02-23-2004, 03:42 AM
I think we need a bit more info on what you hope to accomplish with the lights before giving a recommendation. There are lots of lights available - and each might be the "best" for a certain application.

More info please..

02-25-2004, 02:24 PM
Sent you a PM with some information on the light set up on my K1100RS & a link to a picture of it so you can see where I mounted the lights. I didn't want to paste the link here because I'm selling the bike & the description & price is on the pic, thought I might get scolded for advertising.

dkandersen
02-29-2004, 05:19 AM
Thanks, for the info Mike

That's sure a pretty bike. That is approximately where I would like to mount them as well.

Per Don's questions:
I'm looking for a bit more low light. I use my bike mostly for commuting (25 miles or so mostly on freeway). So I want to thow a little more light out there on low beam without blinding oncoming drivers.

Cosmeticaly, I want to maintain a clean look if possible, so no 747 landing lights.

I'm also a cheap bastard.

deilenberger
02-29-2004, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by dkandersen
Thanks, for the info Mike

That's sure a pretty bike. That is approximately where I would like to mount them as well.

Per Don's questions:
I'm looking for a bit more low light. I use my bike mostly for commuting (25 miles or so mostly on freeway). So I want to thow a little more light out there on low beam without blinding oncoming drivers.

Cosmeticaly, I want to maintain a clean look if possible, so no 747 landing lights.

I'm also a cheap bastard.

Ah - same qualifications as I had..

See: http://www.eilenberger.net/Lights/index.html

Should work just fine on a K100RS..

indygt
03-03-2004, 01:34 PM
I vote for the caliper-mounted MotoLites. I put a pair on my K1200GT last fall mainly to increase conspicuity. I was astonished by the difference in nighttime illumination. After seeing the road in this new extravagant flood of light, I shudder to think how much I was missing with my stock headlight, even on high beam.
The caliper mount is a very clean look - much better, IMHO, than the hoseclamp mounts - and is probably less susceptible to getting knocked out of alignment.
They may not be able to clear the "cheap bastard" hurdle, but then you get what you pay for.
I also like the fact that MotoLite will give you free bulbs for life, even though you can find dirt-cheap replacements at Home Depot and Lowe's. PIAA replacement bulbs are considerably more expensive.