PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

SoxFan
08-23-2007, 01:20 AM
Purchased an R1200R about a month ago and thought I'd say hello. So far, so good, with the exception of a low-fuel light that has been on since I drove off the lot. Two dealer trips haven't fixed the problem, despite the best efforts of the service guys.

Overall, I'm a big fan of the bike, having traded my Triumph Sprint 1050 for it. It's comfortable, with a handy bit of power, although not quite as smooth as the ol' triple. Haven't added any "farkle" as of yet, but I suppose it's only a matter of time. Probably a windscreen of some sort once I get a feel for which is the best option.

Ride safe.

-Dan

sheridesabeemer
08-23-2007, 02:09 AM
What color Sox are you a fan of? :brow

SoxFan
08-23-2007, 02:28 AM
Red, of course. I imagine you're part of "Red Sox Nation" as well, from New Hampshire?

pgods
08-30-2007, 01:29 AM
Purchased an R1200R about a month ago and thought I'd say hello. So far, so good, with the exception of a low-fuel light that has been on since I drove off the lot. Two dealer trips haven't fixed the problem, despite the best efforts of the service guys.

Overall, I'm a big fan of the bike, having traded my Triumph Sprint 1050 for it. It's comfortable, with a handy bit of power, although not quite as smooth as the ol' triple. Haven't added any "farkle" as of yet, but I suppose it's only a matter of time. Probably a windscreen of some sort once I get a feel for which is the best option.

Ride safe.

-Dan

Hey Dan .. keep in mind that boxers ridden right off the dealers lot won't be the same at ...say, 6K miles. Boxer engines are typically "vibey and mechanical" in feel at first, but they smooth out A LOT with time. Look forward to it! Enjoy. - Paul
PS. my girlfriend rides an R1150R and put on the BMW touring windshield. Loves it!

SoxFan
08-30-2007, 02:13 AM
Paul,

Thanks for the good info. Really enjoying the bike thus far. Handling is superb and motor has character. Ride safe!