PDA

View Full Version : I wanted to introduce myself....

RRainman
08-01-2007, 02:42 AM
My name is Craig and I live in the Atlanta area. I go by RRainman on all my motorcycle forums. I have been riding for over 20 years and next Saturday I am picking up my first Beemer. I am buying a low miles 2006 R1200RT from a friend of mine. I wasin the market for another sport-tourer and told my buddy that I was about to pull the trigger on an ST1300 (I've had an ST1100 before). He asked if I wanted his bike as he was going to ride so little that he'll rent one when he wants.

I jumped on the opportunity to get his R1200RT as it is a beautiful bike, and I love all of the amentities, and the power/handling is improved over the R1150RT. Handling is very important to me. I also have a 2004 Yamaha R1 and a 2003 Honda RC51 that is track-only. I love the twisties and ride pretty aggressively. This R1200RT is for my long trips, but will still allow mw to have fun when I get to some twisty roads. I am eager to feel how that paralever suspension works.

Well, I am looking forward to meeting you folks in the future.

pgods
08-01-2007, 03:50 PM
Welcome.
How great is it that you can wake up any day and walk to your garage and think 'hmm, how do I feel today. Is it an R1, RC, or RT day'? Who wouldn't envy that?

I think you're up to RRRainman now.

Emoto
08-01-2007, 07:59 PM
Welcome, Craig! Good choice on getting a BMW. :thumb Keep us posted on how it works out for you.

Bob

RRainman
08-01-2007, 08:06 PM
Welcome.
How great is it that you can wake up any day and walk to your garage and think 'hmm, how do I feel today. Is it an R1, RC, or RT day'? Who wouldn't envy that?

I think you're up to RRRainman now.

How true! I've always heard that we don't have to look far to see how grateful we should be. I just didn't realize that it was as far as my garage.

Truth be told, simply having a garage makes me more grateful than most.

pgods
08-01-2007, 08:55 PM
How true! I've always heard that we don't have to look far to see how grateful we should be. I just didn't realize that it was as far as my garage.

Truth be told, simply having a garage makes me more grateful than most.

Tell me about it. I live in NYC and don't have a garage. I barely have an apartment ...for $2000 a month in rent! Can you define insanity?

LENRT1200ST
08-02-2007, 05:01 PM
My name is Craig and I live in the Atlanta area. I go by RRainman on all my motorcycle forums. I have been riding for over 20 years and next Saturday I am picking up my first Beemer. I am buying a low miles 2006 R1200RT from a friend of mine. I wasin the market for another sport-tourer and told my buddy that I was about to pull the trigger on an ST1300 (I've had an ST1100 before). He asked if I wanted his bike as he was going to ride so little that he'll rent one when he wants.

I jumped on the opportunity to get his R1200RT as it is a beautiful bike, and I love all of the amentities, and the power/handling is improved over the R1150RT. Handling is very important to me. I also have a 2004 Yamaha R1 and a 2003 Honda RC51 that is track-only. I love the twisties and ride pretty aggressively. This R1200RT is for my long trips, but will still allow mw to have fun when I get to some twisty roads. I am eager to feel how that paralever suspension works.

Well, I am looking forward to meeting you folks in the future.

Centeral Georgis is calling!

If you're ever in the Sandersville, GA area please give me a heads up and a call. I'll show you some nice back roads, and it would be good to find a fellow rider.

Len

pabl067
08-05-2007, 02:56 AM
Can you define insanity?

Insanity: Continuing to do what you've always done - expecting different results.

:thumb

Be Safe,
paul
R1200RT