PDA

View Full Version : Lights - Track day

rossanker
07-17-2007, 05:26 PM
I will be running my 06 RT1200 at the Bonniville salt Flats this September and need to disable the headlights. I remember reading a post once that referred to hitting the indicator switches in some kind of order to switch them off. Can anyone remember the sequence? Thanks for the help. I really do not want to remove the bulbs!

kbasa
07-17-2007, 06:08 PM
I will be running my 06 RT1200 at the Bonniville salt Flats this September and need to disable the headlights. I remember reading a post once that referred to hitting the indicator switches in some kind of order to switch them off. Can anyone remember the sequence? Thanks for the help. I really do not want to remove the bulbs!

I usually use blue painter's tape. Same for brake lights and turn signals.

rossanker
07-18-2007, 01:01 PM
Dave
Thanks for the tape advice. I asked them about this but they insisted I be able to turn off the headlights. Do you know of the switch sequence required to disable them? Thanks for the help. Ross

wmubrown
07-18-2007, 02:31 PM
Dave
Thanks for the tape advice. I asked them about this but they insisted I be able to turn off the headlights. Do you know of the switch sequence required to disable them? Thanks for the help. Ross

Never heard of such a sequence... but don't they require taping the lenses anyway? Should a spill occur, they don't want plastic and glass all over the track. Usually you have to drain your coolant too and fill with water.

rossanker
07-18-2007, 03:51 PM
Yes. You are right they still need me to tape the light, cable tie the kick stand etc but the disabling of the light is what has me stumped.

rossanker
07-18-2007, 04:06 PM
Just found out from someone else how to do it.
Start the bike.
Press the cancel button for 5 seconds.
Press the right indicator button for 5 seconds.
Headlight is off!
Bike needs to be switched off and restarted to enable light again.
Thanks for all your suggestions. Ross

dlowry
07-19-2007, 03:21 PM
Start the bike.
Headlight is off!

I have to wonder what other kind of wonderful key sequences there are on the bikes... I know the parking light is left indicator switch after the key has been turned off but before the computer shuts down. Any others???

Cheers!

FredRydr
07-19-2007, 05:35 PM
Start the bike.
Headlight is off!
Bike needs to be switched off and restarted to enable light again.If you do this, your clock will flash 12:00 forever.

Fred
'07 R

wmubrown
07-19-2007, 05:40 PM
Start the bike.
Headlight is off!

Cool... glad you figured it out!:clap

joelaw
07-20-2007, 03:36 AM
I have an 05 R1200RT and have switched off the headlights many times using the software Easter Egg, using the Cnx switch and Rt turn signal switch. Never had a problem with clock going to terminal 12:00.

There are several Easter Eggs in the R1200RT software. I don't remember :dunno where I read the information, but someone on the forum may know where to find the information.

jmf
07-23-2007, 04:40 PM
http://www.r1200gs.info/misc/tricks.html