PDA

View Full Version : K bike coolant hoses

TMA
02-03-2004, 12:47 AM
Hello everybody. I'm new to this forum and have a question regarding the coolant hoses on my 1986 K75T. Is there a maintenance schedule for changing these hoses? Thanks in advance for any input/advice you offer.

T

deilenberger
02-03-2004, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by TMA
Hello everybody. I'm new to this forum and have a question regarding the coolant hoses on my 1986 K75T. Is there a maintenance schedule for changing these hoses? Thanks in advance for any input/advice you offer.

T

Not too hard a call if you've never done it - you're looking at 18 year old hoses. Might be time to do them - just so you feel easy about them when riding some distance.

As far as a schedule - I've never heard of any. Probably because use and time and enviroment all have an effect on the hoses.

Lots easier to do at home than on the road..

BTW - what's "T" stand for?

kbasa
02-03-2004, 06:19 AM
Oohh, I know the answer to that one. When the Ks were first introduced, there was a variant with higher bars and a big ol' fork mounted windshield. They were the "T" series.

knary
02-03-2004, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by KBasa
Oohh, I know the answer to that one. When the Ks were first introduced, there was a variant with higher bars and a big ol' fork mounted windshield. They were the "T" series.

Ding Ding Ding

We have a winnuh

Isn't Paul Glave's bike originally a K75T? (before he transformed it into the thing we know and love today) They were made in '86 and '87 if my memory is working...

deilenberger
02-03-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by knary
Ding Ding Ding

We have a winnuh

Isn't Paul Glave's bike originally a K75T? (before he transformed it into the thing we know and love today) They were made in '86 and '87 if my memory is working...

Wadda buncha moooroons..

knary
02-03-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by deilenberger
Wadda buncha moooroons..
said the chimp.
:D