PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle Rentals in or Around Boston???

HIWAYMIKE
07-04-2007, 04:43 PM
I don't know if this is the right place to post this question? I have looked all over the BMW forums and done Google searches and all I have come up with are Harleys at Motorus in New Hampshire! I would rather walk than ride a Harley on the twisty New England roads!

Can anyone help direct me to a place near Bosotn where I can rent an RT or GS, Honda ST, or Yamaha FJR for a week? I have a trip planned in August and I can't believe I can't find a rental bike there.

Please excuse me if I have missed an obvious source. I have really tried hard to figure this one out. I really don't want to rent a bike in New York, or Hartford, or Philadelphia and ride it up. I live in Florida and don't have the time to ride my RT up there AND do the ride we have planned!

Thaks,

YBWEB1
07-08-2007, 01:37 PM
No one in New England seems to be renting BMW's, or any of the other models you mentioned. You can get a Gold Wing in Plainfield, CT from Fred Rau at Excalibur Powersports (http://www.excaliburpowersports.com/custompage.asp?pg=rentals). I checked out our local club pages, too.

Dave

HIWAYMIKE
07-08-2007, 01:54 PM
Dave,

Thanks for the reply and the research. I will keep looking. I guess having to ride a Harley is better than no ride at all! How does it go - " a bad day riding is still better than a good day in the office"? Or something like that!

I could ship my '07 RT up here, bit it does not seem like iit is worth the hassel and the risk. Normally, I would ride up there and back. Unfortunately, I can only take a week and we plan to ride up into Nova Scotia and PEI.

Thanks,

johntowes
07-08-2007, 04:20 PM
This isn't the answer to your question, just a suggestion that might work.

How about the Amtrak auto train from your "back yard" to Lorton VA. Then you only have a days ride to Boston on your own bike.
Snooze on the train, wake up in the a.m. and ride the next day.

John

HIWAYMIKE
07-08-2007, 04:42 PM
John,

Great idea! Right after my last post I did go to the Amtrack AUTO Train web site and it is quite doable! Bike transport, ROUND TRIP, is only $218! My fae will vary depending upon what day I travel and how comfortable I want to be. Even with a small sleeper room I can do it for arund $850. Bare bones around $600.

The ride from DC to Boston looks like an fairly easy 450 mile one-day trip as long as I avoid weekday rush-hour traffic through DC, Philly, Baltimore, NYC, and Boston! ;-)

Thanks fort he suggestion!