PDA

View Full Version : R1200RT CD Player

eric81
06-30-2007, 04:44 PM
When I purchased my RT in '06 I had the stereo with CD player added to the order. Now when I drive with a CD playing the CD will skip when going over the slightest bump or when I accelerate. When I accelerate it almost sounds like the CD is speeding forward a second or two on the track. Does anyone else have this problem? I normally ride in the ÔÇ£NormalÔÇØ ESA setting, but I have tried riding in ÔÇ£ComfortÔÇØ with the same results. For being such an expensive add-on, I was hoping it would be better than this. :banghead

Tom K.
06-30-2007, 08:10 PM
While I don't use the CD too often, I have had the following experience.

1. Often, moving to the higher number tracks will stop the skipping.
2. Replaying a track usually results in less (or no) skipping.
3. Some CDs won't skip at all.
4. After 16,000 miles, the overall skipping problem hasn't been eliminated - but is greatly improved.

Like they say, YMMV.
Tom

06-30-2007, 09:10 PM
I have not had the skipping issue. Better see your dealer something is wrong. Maybe the mounts are wrong. Like in a car it should not skip. Joe:bikes

dlowry
06-30-2007, 09:29 PM
Are you using toasted discs or originals? Sometimes toasted discs, especially ones burned too quickly, will skip more readily than originals. I ALWAYS burn music no faster than 4X even though the burner will do more.

stealthrider
06-30-2007, 09:37 PM
When I purchased my RT in '06 I had the stereo with CD player added to the order. Now when I drive with a CD playing the CD will skip when going over the slightest bump or when I accelerate. When I accelerate it almost sounds like the CD is speeding forward a second or two on the track. Does anyone else have this problem? I normally ride in the ÔÇ£NormalÔÇØ ESA setting, but I have tried riding in ÔÇ£ComfortÔÇØ with the same results. For being such an expensive add-on, I was hoping it would be better than this. :banghead

I have the same problem with mine. Had it back to the dealer once already. They said the mounting brackets were loose but also switched out the unit. Worked fine for about a week before it started skipping again. If I had to do it over I'd pass on the stereo.

henzilla
06-30-2007, 09:41 PM
My 05 had it already when I bought it from original owner...noticed it does skip when hitting speedbumps or potholes. I couldn't hear it over cruiser speed on the boulevard...35MPH anyways and went back to IPOD....was a little disappointed in it.. I love cranking it up at the light next to BoomBoxCar Kids however:rocker

AC/DC stay in the player for that!!

ggfossen
06-30-2007, 10:23 PM
No skip on mine.

Gary

podsobinski
07-11-2007, 01:31 PM
Give up on the CD player, put an autocom or similar in line with raidio etc. them with the extra plugs use a MP3 player, works great. I even put the switch autocom makes for external speakers so I can switch those off (pain in the a. . .) to hook up but once they are done I have options of helmet speakers or external speakers. Next I will be a satillite radio and no one will need that $$$ radio CD option on the RT.:laugh

gpodzo
06 R1200RT
02 R1150GS
03 XR650L

DocZ
07-11-2007, 01:42 PM
Or an MP3 player. If you are a bit of an audiophile -or just a bit fussy about audio quality - if you choose an iPod AND you rip tracks from your own CD (in my case, LP too!!:nyah :nyah :nyah ) in iTunes you can choose how much data you toss.

If you download from iTunes or most other sources, you are stuck up in the cheap seats with lousy sound - the difference is not subtle either. Aside - if you are a "discount store rack system" person, ignore my post & me in general - please!

Ripping yer own tracks and using iTunes means you can choose your level of resolution with "Apple Lossless" doing not only the least harm, but actually sounds very, very close to original even on a he-man (he-person??:brow ) audio system.

Sorry, I couldn't resist! Think I'll go read my latest cc of Absolute Sound instead of reading about all things bike for just awhile! :nyah :nyah :nyah