PDA

View Full Version : R1200ST Collecting Dust - But Independence day nears

LENRT1200ST
06-26-2007, 08:39 PM
I've been healing from back surgery, 5/17/07 and unable (doctor's orders) to ride Zeitgeist. I was in therapy from January until the surgery, and rode 440 miles the day before surgery. So, the ST has been collecting dust since May.

I'm anxious to get back in the saddle! I go out to the garage and dust her off, polish the chrome, clean the windshield. This not riding and the patience of slow healing has me going nutz!

I have a follow up w/ the neurosuregon on 7-3-07, so I'm hoping for a real independence day July 4th!!!

Please wish me luck,

Len

Jamming
06-28-2007, 01:50 AM
Len:
From one ST rider to another.......I hope yor healing quick and your July 4th IS your motorcycle indepence day!

Bob_M
06-28-2007, 02:05 AM
and good luck.

My boy is in Germany and when I was there I introduced him to the word "zeitgeist". He gave me a direct translation that I found quite pleasing: Thought Ghost.

I hope you get to go for a ride soon.

2bikemike
06-28-2007, 02:23 AM
Well Len, I can certainly identify with you. I have been off my bikes since Nov. 2006 due to a back injury. I finally had surgery on Mar. 26 of this year and hopefully on Fri. I will be able to get the Doc's permission to ride again. I know about the dust bunnies too! :cry I have had to learn to not even look at my bikes when I go in the garage. To make matters worse I had planned to go to Nova Scotia this summer and tour The Cabot Trail :cry :cry :cry Hopefully the wait will be over soon. Send me a PM, maybe we can compare notes on the surgeries.

LENRT1200ST
06-29-2007, 11:42 PM
2bikeMike,
So sorry to hear about your extended recovery. One thing I've been forced to learn is patience! It's unbelievable what a little disc can do to your whole body! I could not even walk w/out a limp, before surgery.

Thanks to all for your good wishes and prayers.

BTW Zeitgeist = time + ghost or time spirit, if you like! I like, spirit of the age or time, best! There was a student coffee shop in Wooster, OH where I grew up called the Zeit Geist. But, I like your translation, Thought Ghost, though. Thanks, Bob_M

Len